SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Firearms Related Clothing Items
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firearms Related Clothing Items Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
The "Be Careful What You Say to Your Doctor" thread inspired me to ask this question.

Do you wear a hat or other clothing item that identifies you as a pro-firearms person? NRA cap? SIG Sauer hat? Glock polo shirt? Anything like that?

If so, what sort of reaction do you get when you wear this in the community? Not asking about places like gun stores, ranges, etc., but in the general community, like the grocery store, hardware store, etc.

Martin-who-works-with-me visited the SIG mother ship in NH on a vacation trip back to his family in MA, so he brought me a SIG cap. He also gave me an NRA cap (strange, he's an annual NRA member, and they keep sending him all kinds of stuff. I'm lifetime, and they have never, not once, sent me any kind of loot).

I frequently wear one of these hats when I'm out running errands. I never noticed any sort of negative reaction, not even a frown or stink-eye, but I have received a LOT of smiles, thumbs-up, and "I like your hat" comments.

How about you? How do your neighbors and fellow citizens react?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I have a Hornady cap that is my yardwork/outside chores cover.

Also have a Sauer cap from 2 Houston NRA conventions ago, but it doesn't get worn much.

Never noticed any reaction when wearing either.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15364 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The only gun related apparel I will wear is my 'SIG' hat because 99% of all rabid liberal gun haters have no clue what sig is. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When I worked at a call center for Capital One I sometimes wore a Sig Sauer t-shirt on casual dress days. One day one of my chucklehead coworkers said a bit too loudly “HE HAS A GUN on his shirt”. His statement raised a lot of eyebrows but neither of us got in trouble.

My boss was pretty cool, I helped him build his first AR-15. Looking back now I’m surprised no one complained about that shirt. I guess people were a bit cooler back then than they are now.

Now a days I don’t wear gun related clothing because none of it fits me anymore. I lost a lot of weight when I left Capital one and with society getting dumber daily I no longer advertise my gun affinity in public.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I wear a Bravo Co hat that has been my favorite for years. I was fortunate enough to receive it from a karma here at SF. It just has a star and 'BCM' on it in about the same foliage/coyote melange color as the hat came in. Some ask what it means even though the brim has tiny print 'Bravo Company Manufacturing' all along the edges.

It is sweat stained and I regularly have receive comments like 'nice hat' over the years. They are always sincere compliments.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The only real negative comment I ever heard about what I was wearing re: firearms, was on a flight into the PNW about a dozen yrs ago. When I stood up to deplane, I revealed the back of my T-shirt.

I have a ton of LaRue swag and one of the more common T-shirts at the time had a picture of an M4 on the back with the words “Stops Jihad on contact.”

Husband and wife were aghast; so much so they had to exclaim out loud “how awful!” Lol! Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I have and still do from time to time. No problems. I also give someone who I see wearing some "gun related" articles of clothing etc... a thumbs up when I walk by them.

At our shop, we have several pro-gun items on display as well as anti-Lee-Bore-Al items too. Our conservative customers like it, our Lee-Bore-Al customers keep their yappers shut. We like that!

This has led to me getting to know some of my clients pretty good, discussing gun stuff and the like. Some of them, people I would have never guessed were shooters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
No negative reactions here in Texas. This is not a surprise.

I don't wear a lot of logo clothes, or t-shirts with slogans, though.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Husband and wife were aghast; so much so they had to exclain out loud “how awful!” Lol! Big Grin
I wonder what they would make of a T-shirt I got nearly 39 years ago at an airshow at the then Carswell AFB in Ft Worth. It has an F/A -18 on it below the words 'EAT SHIITE'.

The back has a nose on F/A-18, along the bottom of which says 'Middle Eastern Terrorist Disposal System'

It doesn't fit but I still have it. Boy I wish I was still that size.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Not gun-specific, but I do have a couple 1776 United shirts that have muskets and cannons on them. Nothing but compliments.

Posts: 11363 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, but mainly because that's not my style, not out of fear of any negative reactions.

I just prefer plain ballcaps and plain t-shirts.

Those are much cheaper too. You can get really high quality blank shirts/caps for like $8-$10, from places like Next Level Apparel (tees) and New Era (caps). The various companies buy these exact same shirts/caps, print or embroider a logo on them, and sell them for $30+.

A buddy turned me on to Next Level Apparel when I remarked how I like the fit of Grunt Style tees, but wished they were available without all the printing. The Next Level 6410 tee is apparently what Grunt Style uses as the source of their blank tees, which they then print and mark up heavily. I've filled my closet with like 14 different colors of those blank tees for just over $100, whereas $100 will only get you 3 or 4 Grunt Style shirts.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I wear T-Shirts with designs on the back as it helps concealing my IWB gun (I don't wear shirts).

I don't wear gun related shirts everywhere, just to gun shows and the range.

Here's one of my favorites:

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of shirts including this gunner-girls aloha shirt.

I have never gotten a negative comment on it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I don't wear shirts

Well, yeah... I can see how that would make handgun concealment challenging. Big Grin

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear shirts that I hope offend leftists.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I wear a few different gun T-shirts all the time. During the holidays I will break out my Die Hard sweatshirts. I have an HK jacket that I wear to work as well.

I only receive/notice thumbs-up reactions and comments. The Die hard sweatshirts in particular get some love on the street.

Being in Texas might help explain.

HK Ag

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
The only gun-related item I wear is a Legion hat. It has only the Legion logo.

To 99.999% of the population, it means nothing. To Sig guys, it screams Sig.

Only once has anyone said anything to me. It was another Sig guy at the Apple Store.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2844 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Even in this hopelessly liberal state, I've worn t-shirts with just about every major firearm logo for many years and have only gotten a few comments, all of them positive or the start of lengthy, pleasant conversations about guns.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16527 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I wear a "Black Rifles Matter" t shirt with some frequency. No negative comments. I avoid wearing it in "urban" areas.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Other than going to the range or working in my yard I don’t wear any gun related clothing.

It goes with my gray man motif

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post