SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    bizarre morning....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bizarre morning.... Login/Join 
SF Jake
posted
So this was my first day in a long time to sleep in....I’m usually up at 6:30 heading out to another day of work, either the firehouse or my part time job. 7:00 am, my daughter is at the foot of my bed waking me up because she has found an injured skunk at the top of the driveway and feels bad for it. It was apparently hit and looks like it probably has a broken spine as it can just drag itself and not walk...my daughter hates to see anything suffer and is asking me to get up and euthanize it....now I’ve been woken up from a sound sleep and am confused trying to process this conversation, then my phone rings on my nightstand. I answer it (unusual for me to answer a number that I don’t recognize but I’m still in that foggy state)and a male voice on the other end says “good morning Capt, I need your help.” I ask who the hell this is and the name doesn’t register with me in my state of confusion....he says he needs me to come over and shoot his goat which has a broken leg! wtf?!?! I’m now in a complete tail spin of utter confusion and agitated to boot! So much for sleeping in! I said I would call him back and hung up, got up and threw some clothes on, the wife asked me where I was going...my brief reply was I’m going to the kitchen and getting coffee and figure out if this is just a dream!
Once I could clear the haze of cobwebs from my brain I figured out the phone call was from one of our newly hired probies at the firehouse and was able to continue the conversation with my daughter who had followed me down to the kitchen and was still yammering about the skunk. (she never really stopped the skunk yammering even when I was on the phone)

So....I finish my coffee, grab a Browning Buckmark from the safe and a box of .22 shorts and stick my P220 on my hip (my EDC)....pop the skunk with the Buckmark and head to see a goat. Arrive at the goat residence and find one of our newly hired guys in uniform lying in the grass with his goat which has a completely messed up leg with obvious multiple fractures and suffering. I pop the goat with the .22 in the top of the head which wasn’t ending it quickly enough for my liking so I reluctantly put a .45 in the heart which put an immediate end to said suffering....I hate having to kill things but I hate more to see them suffering.
what a bizarre way to wake up and start my day! Frown

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Ok... should we change your username to Grim Reaper? I think I’d just go back to bed at this point!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7004 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Just so you know, cgode, I'm feeling pretty fine this morning, not suffering at all!

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yup. Me too. I'm much better now. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you can BBQ the skunk, but goat makes a good meal.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Grim reaper...hmmmm, that name seems to fit this morning...unfortunately! I can’t wait for my next firehouse shift and see what transpires there....firehouse life can be unrelenting at times...even if I am their Captain! The probie with the goat clearly was going to be late today as this is his regular shift and I left him to dig a hole.

You guys are funny....good to see some of the members here are feeling pretty good this morning and don’t need my assistance! Big Grin

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Why didn’t the goat owner have a firearm to be able to do himself what might need to be done with his livestock?

quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Ok... should we change your username to Grim Reaper? I think I’d just go back to bed at this point!

Nah, just his cut...

quote:
"Attack life gcode, it's he’s going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10960 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel for you. For some reason, occasionally my last dream before waking up is strange, too, bordering on nightmare.

Hope you wake up soon.

When you do, check SigForum. This thread is just part of your dream, it will be gone, and you'll find a thread started by Bendable.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9179 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Why didn’t the goat owner have a firearm to be able to do himself what might need to be done with his livestock?

quote:

Nah, just his cut...

quote:
"Attack life gcode, it's he’s going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Good question, you would expect someone with livestock to have the capability of humane euthanasia for just this type of event....this guy is NOT a gun guy so there’s that. It’s no secret at work I’m a gun guy, SWAT medic, former hunter and competitive shooter so my name popped into his head as soon as he realized what was needed to be done....lucky me! I like your cut suggestion by the way.... Big Grin

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
That is a crazy way to start your day Eek

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
newtoSig765....I checked, the thread is still here...damn it! Big Grin ....I’m gonna look for bendable’s thread now...lol

posted Hide Post
I'm having some back pain. I think it's a kidney stone..... when can you be here?

I, unfortunately have days like this all the time. It's unreal the amount of weird shit that happens to me.

ARman

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
just guessing here ARman but I’m pretty sure that would be over the line....you’ll have to suffer through the pain brother! Wink

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:

Good question, you would expect someone with livestock to have the capability of humane euthanasia for just this type of event....this guy is NOT a gun guy so there’s that...

Funny how the “not gun” people don’t have any crisis of conscience and never hesitate to call when all of a sudden something needs gunning...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10960 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ima get a medic alert braclet that sez: "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DO NOT CALL CGODE!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Ima get a medic alert braclet that sez: "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DO NOT CALL CGODE!!!"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Username: Grim Reaper
CUT: Not Sleeping In - Again

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Para, I think we may have a Cut for Gcode here.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
That's a more bizarre morning than I've ever had, I can tell you that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
newtoSig765....I checked, the thread is still here...damn it! Big Grin ....I’m gonna look for bendable’s thread now...lol

See? Told ya'
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2720082744

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9179 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post