SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A KARMA gone bad: A tail of USPS efficiency (finally got my holster back), update 12/15/20, page 4
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A KARMA gone bad: A tail of USPS efficiency (finally got my holster back), update 12/15/20, page 4 Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners and thanks to Micropterus for the cool karma!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10716 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Micropterus,

Holster has been received. Thank you, for the holster and the addition of the stickers. That timing is perfect, as I was looking for a VCDL sticker yesterday morning,

Thank you again

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6493 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Finally, thanks for letting me know. What a trevail. Leave it to the USPS to suck the joy of out anything. I'm still waiting for a status on the other.

So, in the interest of transparency and openness.

When I drew the Karma winners, I sent them e-mails letting them know and asking for addresses. While waiting for addresses, I took the holsters down to the USPS. I bought their padded envelopes, put on my return address, had them weight, and bought the correct postage. She put a tracking label on each one.

I told the lady I wasn't able to mail them yet because I didn't have the addresses. I specifically told her that once I got the addresses I would bring them back. She said when I did, put them in the "big" metal mail box in the lobby that would accept packages the size of mine. Okay.

So I got smschulz's address first. On Sunday, I went down to the post office and dropped the package in the big metal mailbox in the lobby as directed. Then I got 95flhr's address and I did the same thing on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, I went out to my mailbox and 95flhr's package, the one I mailed the day before, was stuffed in it. The USPS put a big sticker over the mailing address that said the package was a security concern and had to be handed to a clerk to mail. So I carefully peeled the stupid sticker off and took it back down to the USPS and handed it to the exact same lady that sold me the postage before. She said, "yeah, a package that's an inch or more thick had to handed to a clerk to mail." I told her she as the one that told me to use the mailbox. She said, "I'm sorry I did."

So I told her this is the one I mail yesterday. Where's the one I mailed on Sunday - to smschulz? She says ,"Oh, its sitting back there. I saw it. It's ready to come back to you." What? I said if its sitting back there ready to be delivered to me, then just go get it, hand it to me, and I will hand it right back to you. She said, no, they have to be delivered.

I said do you know how absurd all this is? You insist on delivering a package that's in the next room that the label says you can't deliver because its a security risk.

So the next day, still no package in my mail. So I go back to the USPS and yet again speak to the same lady. I said I didn't get the package. She then proceeds to tell me it has to go to their processing center down the street in a different zip code and ti will be sent to me from there. "It takes a few days." I reminded her that I mailed one on Tuesday and got it back on Wednesday. The one I mailed on Sunday still hasn't come back to me. She says if I can't wait, then i can make a claim for it at the 30 day mark.

So, I am sorry to both 95flhr and smschulz. To 95flhr for the delay, and to smschulz for not yet getting his at all. I'm still waiting. I'll initiate a claim if it doesn't come back in a few more days.

The tracking number that USPS the put on 95flhr's package confirmed delivery - to me! The one they put on smschulz's package says it hasn't been entered into the system.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

LORD HAVE MERCY !!

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4588 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
What he said. Bureaucracy at its finest.

Posts: 12475 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Update as of 12/15/20

As you can see from the posts above, I got shafted by the USPS. I KARMA'd off two Don Hume holster and sent them to the winners in the manner I was told to send them by the USPS clerk who sold me the postage, the envelope, and the tracking label. I sent one on a Sunday in late October. The other one I sent the following tuesday. On the next day, I got the one I sent on Tuesday back with a blue sticker on it telling me it had to be mailed in person. The postage was still good so after I peeled off the blue sticker, I took it back to the post office and handed it to a clerk. I asked that clerk where the one was that I mailed the Sunday before and she said it's in the back, she saw it. I asked her to hand it to me. But she refused telling me it had to go thru the system and be delivered back to me. Long story short, I didn't see that package again until today. In the meantime, I pulled a replacement holster out of my personal stash and sent to the karma winner who didn't get the one I mailed on Sunday in late october. Thankfully, he got that replacement. (I videoed the hand off to the USPS clerk). So after nearly 2 months of hearing nothing, and no information on the tracking number, this shows up in my mailbox today. The bastards even cancelled the postage even though they didn't send it.

Well, at least I have it back.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Bet you're glad this is all over with... What a freakin mess!

No good deed goes unpunished. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am. The mail clerk specifically told me to use the heavy, metal mail box inside the USPS lobby and drop them in there once I had the addresses, which I did. That mailbox has all sort of notices about that can be mailed and not mailed through that box. The one warning it was missing was the blue label warning on the front of the envelope. Why the hell didn't that put that warning on the mailbox, and why didn't the clerk know?

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the new USPS service with the great helpful employees. Left hand has no control over the right hand. ............... drill sgt.

Posts: 2024 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Yep - sigh... smh
I have 100% switched to UPS/FedEx. In the end it only costs a couple of bucks more. If you asked me if I could pay a $2 fee not to deal with the idiots at the USPS, I would pay it - so really no difference in the end. Smile

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3931 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post