SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sweatshirts Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweatshirts Question Login/Join 
posted
Is there a Made in American non hoddie just plain heavy weight with no logos sweatshirts I can buy?

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Now, if we could just find them in tall sizes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30747 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
L.L. Bean

Been a few years, but if they still make them like the ones I have, they are great.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6427 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.carhartt.com.

I have some that are 11 years old.and still look good

A tiny logo can be fixed with a seam ripper or sharpie marker

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54717 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Neither the Carhartt or LL Beans are made in USA though.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
Neither the Carhartt or LL Beans are made in USA though.

Oops. Sorry, I missed that.

I was also going to mention Duluth Trading Co., but their heavy sweatshirt says "Imported".

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6427 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.carhartt.com/conte...h_MUSA_Video_0317_bg

I will check my sweat shirts ,when I get home for the "made in U.S.A."
Tag.

The above link paints a very pro u s a picture,

Please read it, maybe show me where I got super.

I tried calling them ,no answer, tried live chat,
No one home.

Posts: 54717 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

THIS, THIS, and THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need Large Tall for proper length on stuff.
If not available in Talls I have to go up to a XXL which is great in length but am swimming in it sideways.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25454 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
https://huckberry.com/store/fl...40772-10-year-hoodie

has a zipper but the best hoodie I've ever owned.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6017 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
American Giant

Pretty pricy but almost bullet proof

https://www.american-giant.com

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By golly you are correct, Made in Mexico.

That website is very close ( i.m.o ) to being deceptive .

Be that as it may , it's very good stuff.
I stand corrected.

Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I stand corrected.

Carhartt does make good stuff. Almost all of it was made here at one time. They still make a couple of jackets in the US however.

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Most Carhartt stuff now is made in Indonesia, sometimes Vietnam, sometimes Mexico. I don't care...super good quality and they last forever.

But, that's not what the OP asked for, so never mind.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

THIS, THIS, and THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need Large Tall for proper length on stuff.
If not available in Talls I have to go up to a XXL which is great in length but am swimming in it sideways.

Yep, I hear you. XL Tall works best for me, but I've usually ended up with XXL regular (on occasion XXXL) for many items, and it's just a bit sloppy.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes!

I’m not even close to what could be considered tall, but most sweatshirts still run way too short for me.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I stand corrected.

First two sentences under the flag:

"It’s hard to find gear made in America these days as less than 2% of apparel purchased in the USA is actually being made in the USA. Carhartt is proud to far exceed that average, often by 4X the national average by making much of our core gear right here"

So 4X the national average of 2%. 4x2= 8% of carhart products made in the USA.

Posts: 5428 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but, they offer tall's in a lot of sizes

give'em a shot ,

I have not been disappointed in 15 years

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Yes!

I’m not even close to what could be considered tall, but most sweatshirts still run way too short for me.
My problem is sleeve length. Whether it's t-shirts, sweatshirts, or whatever, if I try to wear something other than a TALL size, I look like I've been dumpster diving behind the GoodWill store.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30747 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I still have plain, USA-made sweatshirts from the 1990s that have held up well. They're Champion reverse-weave and Russell Athletic brands.

It's a shame how difficult it is now to find a made-in-USA sweatshirt w/o cracking three figures. Maybe try ebay or Poshmark for vintage sweatshirts?

Posts: 3190 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post