SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Public "free" Electric Car Refueling. Who pays for it?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public "free" Electric Car Refueling. Who pays for it? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Just back your Hellcat in and lay the charging cable under the car. Tell them it's the only way to get better than 15 mpg AND beat a prius off the line

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Every gallon of gasoline is subsidized by the US government so those pointing at electric power for vehicles are being hypocrites. We have subsidized oil for decades.

Could you elaborate? Also, what type of tax credit did you get when you purchased? I've purchase two new vehicles in the last two years and got zero tax credita foe it.

quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
And when I use gas, 14% of that gallon comes from the Middle East. When I use electric power, 100% of it is USA made, or harnessed from the sun as I have panels on the house.

Where do you think the coal for those electric power plants comes from?

"The United States is a net exporter of coal. However, some coal is still imported, mostly for power plants on the eastern and southern coasts of the country, where it is cheaper to ship in coal by sea from South America than transport it from mines in the northern and western United States." LINK

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post