SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of the most important days of my family’s existence today…
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of the most important days of my family’s existence today… Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
I have to leave out the details for obvious reasons, but I’ll be testifying in a hearing to get full primary custody of my 12 year old daughter this morning after filing for emergency custody. She’s actually been staying here since June, so things have been busy trying to get stuff sorted, but she’s been safe.

My 16yo son already lives with me full-time.

Hopefully we have a good school lined up. That has been a challenge. When I bought this house it wasn’t for the schools…never thought they’d be living here back then.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Even if everything goes perfectly today, we still have some big challenges coming. Lots of changes but for the good in the long run.

I’m just glad everything came to my attention and we could act before anything worse happened.

Not much of an update, lawyers did lawyer stuff and pushed any decision out, so the emergency order remains with another hearing this coming Monday. So still waiting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chongosuerte,

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
I wish you the best today and your kids are lucky to have you.

Posts: 482 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be thinking of your family today.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Sounds positive despite the upcoming challenges.

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You got this Chongo

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Best of luck and let us know if we can do anything to help.

Posts: 3824 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you and your family. Prayers sent and fingers crossed.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Chongo, I will be thinking about and praying for you and your family today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hoping everything goes well for you guys today.

Posts: 27181 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Thoughts are with you my friend.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Protecting your tribe is what MEN do when there is a threat.

Soon enough, she’ll be with you too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’ll be thinking of you and your kids today. Hope it all works out.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5506 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for you and your kids.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Good luck, J……..

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Best of luck today. Hoping for the outcome you desire.

Posts: 3031 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Extremely good thoughts being sent you way Chongo. Good luck my friend.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Good luck and best to you and the kids...

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I hope it goes well Sir

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Wishing you all the best.

Posts: 7387 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post