SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cold Day Breakfast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cold Day Breakfast Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Macintosh apple fried with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar...

Oats cooked in milk...

Finished Product on a freezing morning in central Floida.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12791 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
That looks and sounds really good!

We'll have to have a breakfast cook off between that, and my Mountain Man breakfast done in the Dutch oven.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4878 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
MAN that sounds good!

Can I have one to go, please? Thanks in advance. Smile

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Timely post! Today is a day for a feasting breakfast! Since the ENC got 1/2” of snow and the entire state decided to shut down, I made breakfast on the grill. A little “BBE”…bacon, buffalo, and egg. The wings took a little longer so I had to eat the bacon and eggs while I crisped them up.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Damn, that looks good binky. Ambitious, too. That's a serious commitment to breakfast.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12791 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I do apple like that in the cast iron skillet and then pour in batter on top and stick in the oven to make a really nice Dutch Baby.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds really good and oddly I have all the ingredients.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13405 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Macintosh apple fried with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar...

Oats cooked in milk...

Finished Product on a freezing morning in central Floida.
Looks really good, as far as it goes, but it needs more bacon.

And anchovies.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30706 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
And anchovies.

<shiver> So you're the guy I hated when I used to sling pizzas in high school..

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
binky, what's in the pan at 1100??

I see chicken at 0400

And an egg at 0730....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11295 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Bacon. It cooked faster than I expected for it being so cold. Shriveled up, but still tasted like bacon. Smile

And word just came in that work is cancelled for tomorrow. The ENC just can't deal with snow! Might have to have another cookout in the AM...(I'm not sure who asked about Roger at the end of the txt, but I will find out. And they will pay. Smile )