SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shooter charged with aggravated assaut
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooter charged with aggravated assaut Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
Georgia restaurant employee shoots customer who tried to skip out on bill.

A restaurant employee in Georgia was arrested after shooting a customer for walking out on the bill.

The customer reportedly tried to pay for his meal at China Cafeteria in Decatur with an invalid credit card Wednesday night, WSB-TV reports.

When the employee, Xin Xing Chen, realized what had happened, he and his co-worker went outside to confront the customer.A fight broke out between the three people and at one point Chen went back inside the restaurant, grabbed a gun and shot the customer. His co-worker was also shot by accident.The restaurant is known for its cheap food. The menu board outside the restaurant advertises a $4.99 house special and $3.50 lunch special.
One customer uninvolved in the incident told WSB-TV he was surprised something like this happened over such a small amount of money.
“I can’t see somebody getting shot over a $5 meal. I just can’t see it,” Jecory Jackson said.Chen has been charged with aggravated assault. The customer he shot is in critical condition and the injured employee is in stable condition.

The restaurant was closed Thursday.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-d...-to-skip-out-on-bill

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that isn't ok.

You start fisticuffs, you end with fisticuffs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not saying this is right but how many times do criminals kill someone for less? Life holds no value anymore.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think His problem was going back inside to get the gun. If it was already on his person and concealed and he went outside to confront the guy and it turned into a physical fight and somebody was shot, self defense could be a legit legal defense. I think he’s done.

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Chen needs to work on his English language comprehension.

The customer ordered a lunch special, but Chen misunderstood and thought the customer ordered a thirty-eight special.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Lazy, shitty journalism is my assumption here (odds are in my favor) as there is just not a lot of details on fight and shooting. They take the time to give extraneous facts like cost of lunch which sounds like a reporter sitting in their climate controlled office Googling instead of interviewing witnesses. Were the other employee and customer still fighting at time of shooting, what were their positions in relation to each other (eg was customer on top of employee pounding them into the pavement), was there a size/strength disparity?

Facts like that matter. If a 350 lb biker is beating to death a 5’-0” 120lb senior citizen the guy (he looks pretty little) going to retrieve a firearm may be justified.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
I think His problem was going back inside to get the gun. If it was already on his person and concealed and he went outside to confront the guy and it turned into a physical fight and somebody was shot, self defense could be a legit legal defense. I think he’s done.

It's generally not going to work out well for anyone who isn't a police officer that brings a firearm, sets out to initiate a confrontation, and ends up using the firearm. If the facts allow the situation to be interpreted as the shooter being the aggressor, then the shooter is going to have trouble.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
What a cluster.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Son of a bitch still here. Look he go again. You go now! You here four hours. Why you here 4 hours. You not come here anymore. Why you have spare ribs? You so big. Eat vegetables. Eat broccoli. Your scare my wife."

*Chack-chack*!!!

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"Son of a bitch still here. Look he go again. You go now! You here four hours. Why you here 4 hours. You not come here anymore. Why you have spare ribs? You so big. Eat vegetables. Eat broccoli. Your scare my wife."

One of the funniest bits of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8i4eQm8VgI

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Chen needs to work on his English language comprehension.

The customer ordered a lunch special, but Chen misunderstood and thought the customer ordered a thirty-eight special.

Maybe the guy ordered #38 off the menu? It's probably a good thing he didn't order a #45 and a #70.

Posts: 10827 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

One of the funniest bits of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8i4eQm8VgI

You are correct sir; THAT video was funny! Thanks for the laugh.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Lazy, shitty journalism is my assumption here (odds are in my favor) as there is just not a lot of details on fight and shooting. They take the time to give extraneous facts like cost of lunch which sounds like a reporter sitting in their climate controlled office Googling instead of interviewing witnesses. Were the other employee and customer still fighting at time of shooting, what were their positions in relation to each other (eg was customer on top of employee pounding them into the pavement), was there a size/strength disparity?

Facts like that matter. If a 350 lb biker is beating to death a 5’-0” 120lb senior citizen the guy (he looks pretty little) going to retrieve a firearm may be justified.

From the crappy writing it seems there was already a disparity with 2 people going after 1.

Anytime someone has to "retrieve" a firearm it usually turns to shit.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Guy is lucky it wasn't Wu he was dealing with or he might have been fed to the hogs.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
San Fransisco cocksuckah!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

From the crappy writing it seems there was already a disparity with 2 people going after 1.

Anytime someone has to "retrieve" a firearm it usually turns to shit.
You're making a big leap from zero facts. 2 on 1 isn't necessarily a disparity of force (e.g. the 350 lb biker vs 2 little dudes) as the story gives zero info on either shooting victim.

The local ABC affiliate had a little better article (local reporter interviewed people on and off camera). However, they give no info on the victim. It did show the neighborhood looked a little ghetto.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
According to article at AJC (link), the two employees pursued the dash and dine customer a block from the restaurant. "The argument spilled over to the parking lot of a Burger King on Candler Road south of I-20, about a block away from the Chinese restaurant."

Also, this is rich, Fox5 didn't mention this, all three were shot, "“During the fight, one of the employees left and retrieved a firearm and subsequently all three individuals suffered gunshot wounds,” Spencer said in a statement. “All three were transported to a local hospital, one individual in critical condition.”

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:

Also, this is rich, Fox5 didn't mention this, all three were shot, "“During the fight, one of the employees left and retrieved a firearm and subsequently all three individuals suffered gunshot wounds,” Spencer said in a statement. “All three were transported to a local hospital, one individual in critical condition.”

Please let there be some kind of video of this. I'll make the popcorn.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Restaurant staff were Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post