SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reba McEntire becomes KFC's first female Colonel Sanders
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reba McEntire becomes KFC's first female Colonel Sanders Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Haven’t eaten there in 20 years. Even when young with an iron gut their “food” gave me the splatters before I could get out the door.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I’ll take Churches Chicken any day and twice on Sunday over KFC.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
KFC has pretty darn OK chicken pot pies but

Its time to break the fast food matriarchy...

I nominate Danny Triejo to be "Wendy" in Wendy's commercials.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15897 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Did you know that the life size Colonel Sanders figures standing out side of KFCs in Japan have glasses with lenses ground to the exact prescription that the actual Colonel wore?

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
KFC is yesterday's chicken palace, today they suck balls. Hell Walmart has better chicken.

I've had Bojangles once, and it was enough. Maybe it was just a bad day, but the meal I had was cooked in old burned oil and was nasty.

Popeyes, Chic-Fil-et or our local gas station has the best chicken around here.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
There is a KFC about a mile from me. But without the Colonel's Ribs, and Honey BBQ, there is no reason to go there.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6316 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Publix grocery stores have much better fried chicken, chicken tenders and wings, and it's cheaper than Kentucky FRIED Chicken.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
KFC has pretty darn OK chicken pot pies but

Its time to break the fast food matriarchy...

Hah! That'd be hilarious!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15237 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKg3:
Popeye's does much more business and I like their chicken more than KFC. Unfortunately, they do not have a lot restaurants in my immediate area.

Mike
I have a Popeye's 1 block away and a CFA a couple of miles up the road. I eat at both, but more often get takeout from Popeye's and eat at home. There's a Golden Chick about 3/4 of a mile away, but I've only eaten there once--as I recall the chicken was pretty good, but I didn't like the sides as well as from Popeye's.

The nearest KFC is several miles away, and although I like their chicken, it's not enough better to entice me to travel that far for it.

Commercials don't have much effect on my buying habits.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George Hamilton pitching their extra-crispy was pretty funny...the rest, not so much.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What they're doing is shitting on the man responsible for founding that company. But, hey, it's OK, because he was just some old Southern cracker.

You can bet your sweet ass that Harland Sanders would not be OK with what they're doing. Not at all.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the man himself if you're not familiar with Colonel Sanders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk4Eq8IcQMk

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
Did you know that the life size Colonel Sanders figures standing out side of KFCs in Japan have glasses with lenses ground to the exact prescription that the actual Colonel wore?

I did not. Interesting.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
{phone rings}
Riba: Hello
Manager: Hey there, sweetie. How ya doin'?
Riba: Fine. What's up?
Manager: Hey, I've got a gig for ya. Now your first reaction may to be to tell me to fuck off, but just listen to the whole proposition before deciding...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What they're doing is shitting on the man responsible for founding that company. But, hey, it's OK, because he was just some old Southern cracker.

You can bet your sweet ass that Harland Sanders would not be OK with what they're doing. Not at all.

They’ve been doing that for a long time. My dad has been gone for quite a while now, but I remember him being upset with the way they had made some goofy cartoon likeness of him in a pathetic effort to advertise their chicken. Harland Sanders was a dignified and accomplished man and they made a joke out of him... disgraceful.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Ok, I'm dying over here, that's quite a visual. Big Grin

Maybe Terry Crews next? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Publix grocery stores have much better fried chicken, chicken tenders and wings, and it's cheaper than Kentucky FRIED Chicken.

I miss Publix. But you know what? I've found a few mom 'n pop gas stations out here that have a pressure fryer and turn out damn fine friend chicken on the same level of quality. You can even get it made fresh for you. And those two little gas stations, at far ends of nowhere, turn out better friend chicken than any Kentucky Fried Chicken or Popeye's I've been victim to. One of them, I worked at for a spell, and fried the chicken, so I have to wonder how you have to work at fucking up fried chicken the way the big chains do.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:

Harland Sanders was a dignified and accomplished man and they made a joke out of him... disgraceful.

Before he created Wendy’s the late Dave Thomas was a KFC franchise owner, he said that Harlan Sanders would personally inspect every franchise, he had a specific way that things were to be done and it was his way or the highway. He was a very demanding person and apparently more than once he pulled a franchisee’s license for not complying with his rules.

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Meh.

I'm no more or less inclined to eat their chicken regardless of who's pitching it.

Posts: 4080 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Hmmm

1. I thought it was funny
2. Still a bit creepy though even for KFC
3. Why are they so desperate to do crazy crap in commercials.

I never did like it when KFC started to make fun of Colonel Sanders with their own parodies. I understand Jack In the Box makes fun of its own mascot but I didn't get why they would make a mockery of their founder's image.

Then with this commercial, as much as I like Reba, I think I finally understand. They're saddled with being founded by a white southern man, at least, that's how they must see it. And to avoid being lumped in and become a target of the anti-pc crowd, they're lampooning their own heritage.

That's sad. I hope they do get out of business then. If you can't own what you are, you're worth nothing.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19670 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Does anyone care about KFC? I sure don't. Last time I had KFC was in the late 1980s. It was so bad then had to throw it out I never forgot it. Never went to a KFC again.

Most of them around here have closed down way back when the economy tanked 10 years ago. Funny is the one Chick-fil-a in town is always busy. The three KFC in town way back when never had a line.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post