SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dyson Hair Dryers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dyson Hair Dryers Login/Join 
posted
The wife asks me this morning if any of my "internet friends" have discussed it. I say "I don't think any of them have enough hair, like me, to be in he market but I'll ask.
I then look it up. $399.99. What can possibly justify a $399.99 hair dryer? Holy Chit Batman.
I had a much more colorful and entertaining version of this post but for some reason the site and my freaking I Potato don't like go talk to each other when I add emoji's.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For $399 it better me able to give me a decent BJ every morning!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Um... be careful, I think those are vacuum cleaners, not hair dryers! Eek

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I looked at it for the wife. I want to hear it in person. The video i watched of some journalist who went to a salon and had it used on her wet hair "took 20 mins less to try and wasnt very loud". Listening to the video it sounded somewhat loud so i didnt pull the trigger.

My wifes hairdryer could wake the dead and the 99$ noose reduced ones i read were so so. If I hear one in public and deem it least noisy id buy one. The thing is a tank via the dyson tests and drys very fast.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$400?????? That's as much as one of their vaccuum cleaners!!!!!!!! yowzers.......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ULTIMATE review of the Dyson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vJxez9UF8

Caution: Harsh language.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one for my wife's Christmas present. She loves it. Cuts the time to dry her hair a third to a half of what it took before.

She took it with her the last time she had her hair done. Her stylist loved it and could not believe how quickly it took to dry her thick hair. He is going to get one. For him the time saved over the course of a day means being able to do at least an additional customer.

It's expensive but like everything else, especially guns, there is usually a reason the price is higher.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
My wife has one. It is a hell of a lot better than any other hairdryer I have ever seen, including the expensive salon hairdryer she had before (Elchim).

A LOT quieter, more wind, less turbulent wind, more temperature and fan speed settings, more consistent temperature, no metal grid on the nozzle to burn the shit out of you if you touch it. (No part of the hairdryer really gets hot enough to hurt you.)

Worth $400? Up to you. But it IS better than any other hairdryer you can buy.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to my Wife: the Dyson is over priced. Look at the new model of the Chi Touch. Should be able to find it for around 180. Same drying capability as the Dyson. She has used both. Almost bought the Dyson. There is an older version of the Chi Touch. She owns it as well, but she likes the features on the latest version a bit more.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Wife just drug me to the beauty supply store where we looked at the Dyson and another brand ghd.

Hands down the Dyson is the best of the bunch. Store salesclerk said it was the envy of all the staff BUT overly priced even with the employee discount. If you had a true huge head of thick hair then yes, go for it. It's a great dryer.

That said, the ghd brand is about $200, sometimes less. Every bit a professional unit as the salon but without the high price. It's way outside of anything you'd get a Target or Walmart. A very high quality product.

So from my standing there, in pain I night add, listening to all this, get the Dyson if you must have the top of the line or have a full head of long hair. Otherwise, look at ghd at about half the price.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dyson makes good stuff. Expensive, but good. If you really want that good, fine. Personally, my 10 year old 13 dollar noisy hand held blower works fine. I'm sure a 400 dollar one would work twice, maybe three times, as good.

Of course, my daughter spent 120 bucks on a curling iron, but it was her money, I guess.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
$400 to dry your hair?

That's just dumb.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Work better for toupees or wigs?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We do not have one, but if my wife did want one, I'm not saying no. That would mean a no when I want a new toy!

(Or she would put a return label on the guitar box that arrived a week ago)

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
$400 to dry your hair?

That's just dumb.

It isn't something I care about, I have short hair and use a towel, but you could apply the same argument to a $100 knife, a $1000 gun, a $50,000 car, a $50 bottle of wine, and so on ad infinitum. You can get a perfectly fine any one of those things for less than half the money. I'm sure plenty of us here have spent a lot more than that.

If someone spends 10-20 minutes every day blow drying her hair, why not make the process as pleasant as possible?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maladat,

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If you are a professional barber/hairstylist and it reduces the time to dry it might be worth it, in the same idea that Snap On/Mac Tools are better than Craftsman tools to a wrench who works for a living with tools.

I don't even use a hair dryer anymore, still have hair LOL, towel, brush and let dry

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I still had hair to dry.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
That video is great! Thanks for posting. Quite often at work, we reverse engineer assemblies to repair them without schematics. We've had remarkable success, saving our employer tens of thousands of dollars a year.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
$400?????? That's as much as one of their vaccuum cleaners!!!!!!!! yowzers.......

It probably is just a vacuum cleaner with the flow reversed. Razz

I definitely have the hair (my hair is longer than my wifes, actually), but I don't blowdry it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cheese and crackers, just get her a jeep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dHhuycoGR0

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post