SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Legal Pot Industry too white;The Reverand Sharpton smells money
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legal Pot Industry too white;The Reverand Sharpton smells money Login/Join 
posted
http://www.newsmax.com/US/al-s...017/06/13/id/795856/

Al Sharpton Calling For Diversity in Legal Pot Industry

Activist minister Al Sharpton reportedly believes the legal marijuana industry has "disproportionately excluded" blacks "from business opportunities" — and is calling for more diversity.

The civil rights preacher, who heads the Harlem-based National Action Network, will be the keynote speaker at the Cannabis World Congress Business Exposition in New York City on Friday, HuffPost reported.

"Just because I don't use marijuana as a minister, does not mean I have the right to impose my moral values on others," Sharpton said in a statement, the HuffPost reported.

"However, I will challenge the cannabis industry and its distributors in states where it is legal to support civil rights movements and ensure that we are not disproportionately excluded from business opportunities.”

He's expected to denounce the disproportionate number of marijuana arrests of black people, and aims to help identify ways people of color can become more involved in the industry where it operates legally, HuffPost reported.

In March, Buzzfeed reported that less than three dozen of the almost 3,600 legal storefront marijuana dispensaries in the country are black-owned ― or about 1 percent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 13073 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Just like any other industry, this industry disproportionately excludes those with lack of initiative and work ethic. Connect the dots however they suit your purpose Al Roll Eyes

Industry:
a systematic labor especially for some useful purpose or the creation of something of value.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Instead of blaming white people, why doesn't he encourage black people to start pot businesses? Given the disproportionate arrests for the stuff black people it seems enjoy it. Given their recent trend for segregation they may like not having to buy their weed from whitey.

I think he should set up some loan opportunities and training for them to start businesses.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sublime

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
... I think he should set up some loan opportunities and training for them to start businesses.

You mean seed money?
Wonder what Al would charge for the vig?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
... I think he should set up some loan opportunities and training for them to start businesses.

You mean seed money?
Wonder what Al would charge for the vig?

You mean he gets a chance to screw over his own people again? 27.99% interest seems about right.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked Al better when he toured with James Brown.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
What does it say about your organization when you have Al Sharpton as your keynote speaker?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I am guessing it's cutting in to his business..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9088 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Hey Al, you need to hookah up with this babe:

Link to original video: https://m.yboutube.com/watch?v=rYcSqIuqkz4

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
there is no legal pot industry. the DEA website makes that clear.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Blacks are in the weed business, one dime bag at a time.

Posts: 1982 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute.... Did he say marijuana industry has "disproportionately excluded" blacks "from business opportunities"???

Mee thinks ya krazy Mon...

Wha' da fo' shizzle?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sublime

Yep, Sharpton wants more black drug dealers. Truly wacky.

Sorry, Al, your "people" have had a headstart from the ground floor already.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17154 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Just because I don't use marijuana as a minister, does not mean I have the right to impose my moral values on others," Sharpton said in a statement, the HuffPost reported.

Wait...What?

Isn't that exactly the point of religion/reverends?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15492 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Go into the ghetto and check out all the self-employed entrepreneur's standing on the street corners. Plus they haven't paid income tax like you

Posts: 5342 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vermont has it figured out. We want everyone to be a home grower, and not generate any tax revenue off it...

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1140 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Al, STFU and pay your taxes.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharpton should be in jail for numerous offenses-inciting riots, failure to pay taxes, and who knows what else that so called reverend has done, I believe the only god he prays to is money.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
there is no legal pot industry. the DEA website makes that clear.

And nobody cares. It's pretty dope, actually.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17085 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post