SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife says no more TP needed because she bought a Ba-Day
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife says no more TP needed because she bought a Ba-Day Login/Join 
posted
At 61 years old I am not sure what to think about my wife’s latest purchase but she bought a Bidet (had to look up the spelling) from Sam’s this past weekend that has a heated seat, a night light, and a freaking dryer.....Needless to say I am about the retaliate by buying me $300.00 worth of reloading supplies or maybe a scope or a few accessories for my pistols......

I (we) have a good supply and source for TP so not sure why the need but we spend about $300.00 each year on our own Christmas present to each other and this is what she bought for herself....Life is never dull at the Sigarmsp226 household...Not sure how I am going to like this thing but willing to give it a try (like I have a choice since there is only one bathroom downstairs and my bad knees make it hard to go up stairs)......

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Am right behind you, will be 60 next year.

We are on the second one for my wife. This time, a high end Toto for our American toilet.

We're visiting family in Japan, right now. Every potty here is bidet style.

So, finally broke down and gave it a try. It's surprising, the first time, but assume you'll get used to it.

The jury is still out for me. I'm missing proper toilet paper. The stuff here is less than one ply.

Hope you get yourself lots of reloading supplies and other necessities!

Razz

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Usually I’d say “Pics or it didn’t happen” but this time I think I’ll pass..

But seriously good luck and let us know your “impressions” My wife has been commenting on getting one.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6335 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Will you need TP to dry off....or does it have a hot air dryer?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4584 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give it a try, you might be surprised in the end, so to speak.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugly American story:
When the USAF sponsored an extended Italian vacation, I rented an apartment off base. There was a conventional potty in the bathroom. Right across from the potty was this thing that looked like a small sink, complete with hot / cold taps.
I soon found I could turn on the little sink and put my feet in it while I used the potty.
Fantastic! What an invention!
I ran into my neighbor a short time later and remarked to him how great the foot sink was.
He broke out laughing and explained the proper use of a bidet. And he also blabbed about my foot sink to everyone in my squadron. It took me forever to live it down.
I still miss the bidet and I recommend it.
Just dont soak your feet in it! Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16126 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Anything that touches my private parts and is not my own hand is my friend!

Posts: 4639 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My friend and I, on leave in Rome in 1965, there was a bidet in our hotel bathroom. Didn't know what it was for, but it held a 6 pack and ice.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
If you suffer side effects from medicines, specifically diarrhea, a bidet may prove worthwhile as it is much gentler than TP on the inflamed and sore critical area.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16257 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Can't see how a bidet could work that well. I'd need a fire hose when I'm done doing my business.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2411 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
Can't see how a bidet could work that well. I'd need a fire hose when I'm done doing my business.

Duluth Firehose Bidet! No stink, no sweat,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:

Duluth Firehose Bidet! No stink, no sweat,

Think of it this way: When you get your hands all muddy....do you use a dry towel to clean them? Or water? Wink

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
^^^ But there is scrubbing involved. Do these bidets scrub your nether regions?

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
^^^ But there is scrubbing involved. Do these bidets scrub your nether regions?

You have to opt for the premium model:

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
If your bidet has a button for removing tampons: DANGER - DO NOT USE. Eek

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Just do the thing with the three sea shells...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can make some sort of rack for cleaning and drying the used brass for reloading so both of you can use this.

Posts: 9555 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People that have them swear by them but it seems weird to me. Never tried one though.

Posts: 3933 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
People that have them swear by them but it seems weird to me.

Have 2 of our 3 commodes fitted with them Saved my ass! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16257 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
A bidet is an amazing thing. I bought the Toto seat and will NEVER go back.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post