SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bluetooth Headphone Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluetooth Headphone Question Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I’m looking for opinions on Bluetooth headphones for use during cardio.
I watch videos most times and listen to music a little currently using corded Sony headphones.
I’m not looking for nor do I need top of the line, but I would like decent sound and build quality .
I’ve never had a Bluetooth pair so I’ve nothing to compare anything to.
Anyone use a pair that they’d recommend.

Also anyone used a pair they would recommend I stay away from !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Phaiser...tproof/dp/B07CMBS4MY

I got some similar to these when I accidentally snagged an ear bud on my last (different brand) pair.
For $40, I've been pleased, mainly use when doing yard work & walking behind the mower.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15357 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
https://www.amazon.com/Phaiser...tproof/dp/B07CMBS4MY

I got some similar to these when I accidentally snagged an ear bud on my last (different brand) pair.
For $40, I've been pleased, mainly use when doing yard work & walking behind the mower.

That's a lightening deal, gives you 2 hours to buy or the price goes up once you click it...

Posts: 23510 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
These are the ones I have and I love them. Amazing bass and long run times on a charge.

https://www.amazon.com/Skullca...PYHP#customerReviews

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I went through this recently -- also not having had Bluetooth earbuds before -- and ended up with a set from Plantronics. So far, I'm very pleased with them. I haven't done heavy workouts with them yet, but a good bit of treadmill time without issue.

God bless America.

Posts: 13512 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The OP asked about headphones, not earbuds. Maybe he can clear up what he is looking for.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Either is fine with me.
I’d be more tempted to use earbuds outside of our gym than head phones.
But I’m not close minded to either.
I have to admit I’d not thought about earbuds.
Didn’t think there were that many options.
But the earbuds might be nice when working at the anvil & forge.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
When my current earbuds require replacing, I'm going to try a pair of these. Could almost 12k people be wrong?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...A1E57UY6AMKO25&psc=1

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Beats Studio ear phones. They produce very good full range sound and the over the ear format drowns out all but the loudest ambient sound. I think you could use them at the range, although I've not tried that. I'll use them sometimes to listen to TV when I don't want to disturb my wife especially when watching a 'Shoot em up' movie. Spendy

On Amazon

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the help & info.
I’m going to give the “lightning deal” ear buds a try.
Hoping they blockout the surrounding noise & hold a charge long enough for a movie.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I haven't had much luck with Bluetooth earbuds (I gave up on headphones years ago) for use in high-energy activity. I find they come loose, or sometimes one cuts out, or some annoying issue that requires me to reset one thing or another.

For running and exercise, I've found a wired pair of Yurbuds to be the thing. They guarantee that they will not fall out during exercise. I've tested this and found it to be true. The quality of the sound is superior (disclaimer: I've had my pair for years. When they first came out they had a "red" pair that Yurbuds claimed was the equivalent of Bose). But they're not Bluetooth.

For travel and for use in conference calls, I use a pair of Bose QC20 noise cancelling earphones. They are awesome! I call them my "kid cancelling" travel earbuds! Bose makes a Bluetooth version, which I haven't tried. At $300, they aren't begging me to just try them out.

So, my choices have thus far been: wear something that sounds good and won't come loose while I exercise, or wear something noise-cancelling. I've tried several Bluetooth (Air Buds by Crazybaby and Jaybird X3) but they've all come up short.

Everything I've read says Apple's Airpods are the best thing going in Bluetooth sound reproduction. I see a lot of people wearing them, so they might be my next experiment.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
I appreciate the help & info.
I’m going to give the “lightning deal” ear buds a try.
Hoping they blockout the surrounding noise & hold a charge long enough for a movie.

If you mean the ones I posted, I've had no issue with 1-2 hours of constant use (Spotify mostly).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15357 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post