SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Retirement Pup
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retirement Pup Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! Our pup Kaya is 5 months, next week.
What's Stella's breeder background? She looks very well bred.
We got ours from Guardian Rottweilers in Indiana. Serbian stock.
Enjoy her!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and enjoy!
We just got ours today (a little doberman pup).

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the responses. Yes, we are glad we have ALL the time in the world for her, as far as training. We got her from Von Der Rod right here in TN. He has been dealing with Rottweilers for quite some time and this is the daughter of a champion. We are looking forward to a great future with her.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Very cute! You're not sure you are going to wind up being the pet in this equation, are you?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Thank you all for the responses. Yes, we are glad we have ALL the time in the world for her, as far as training. We got her from Von Der Rod right here in TN. He has been dealing with Rottweilers for quite some time and this is the daughter of a champion. We are looking forward to a great future with her.

My next dog (hopefully a few years from now as I have two GSDs) will be a Rottie. Most of the rotties I know are great guardians and naturally protective but have an off switch (they know when it is nap time Wink). I just checked out the breeder's website, I really like the looks of his dogs. I like the darker coloring on most of them and I really like the athletic-muscular (but not too big) builds on all his dogs. They look powerful yet still agile and athletic, kind of like a prototype middle linebacker.

Posts: 3947 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I researched for quite some time prior to picking him. We have had two Rotties in the past and they have always left me with a sense of security when I used to work all of the time. The one female we had alerted me to someone opening the rear storm door at 4 am one time and was ready to rock and roll at the door. She would also watch our two sons play from the time they went outside until they came back in. Our other one was extremely protective of my wife and boys and I never worried. This one has settled in nicely and seems very self confident, which is something we were looking for. She also loves riding in the car and seems comfortable at all times.

And yes HK guy, that very well may end up being the case!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post