SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Took my Tacoma in for Recall today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Took my Tacoma in for Recall today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just got done talking with a sibling,
He took is four y.o. Subaru in for a recall fix. That took four hours.

When he picked it up they had a roster of 12 items that they claimed should be "fixed" to avoid problems later.

The total for his vehicle with 65,000 miles on it came to $2,300.00.

After checking the manuals suggestions for repair and replace of the listed items ,
Only two qualified for maintenance, so he inspected / checked all 12.

He was pretty close to being angry that they tried to jack his wallet.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
What year was your Taco that was subject to the recall? Wondering if it might apply to my ‘03 work Taco or our ‘11 family Taco...

Mine is a 2019, but the recall covers 2017-2020 3rd gen Tacomas, as well as a bunch of other model Toyotas and Lexus. You're good to go on the 03 which I guess is a Gen 1 and the 11 is a Gen 2.

Phew. Mine is a '16.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post