SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    North Dakota teenager run over and killed for being a Republican
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Dakota teenager run over and killed for being a Republican Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) has noted an increase of campus violence aimed at shutting down speech that they don't like. Seems like the left is molding their own personal brown shirts.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Just dig a big ass pit, doze it full. Plenty of willing ranchers with sections of grazing land.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Will anyone who matters point out that irresponsible hate speech by influential figures contributes to incidents like this? I.e., call people extremists, Fascists, terrorists, and sometimes some people believe it and believe they should take action. Will there be any apologies from those who recklessly encourage such actions?*

* An example of a rhetorical question. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47357 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I remember when Palin was campaigning and she used scope "x" targets on the map where she was going to focus her efforts. The media shit their pants - It was the end of the world. "People will die if you do that." Roll Eyes

Where's the concern now w/ Biden's rhetoric.

Posts: 7316 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

Where's the concern now w/ Biden's rhetoric.

Another great rhetorical question.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
You’re both missing the point; the leftist interlopers destroying this country don’t give a rats ass about fair, tit for tat exchanges. They care about agenda. Every crime committed by their little minions will be overlooked. Every single act by conservatives will be blown out of proportion by the media lapdogs. You want to talk about “standing up to bullies”? You’d better be ready to go the full pull because like I already said, these traitors want another January 6th. They know full well the 6th wasn’t insurrection, but that’s what they’ll push for in their misinformation campaign.

Until what point gearhounds?

Conservatives have been playing nice and been worried about bad press for 50+ years and where has that gotten the country?

When do you say, "enough"? I can assure you that whenever that is, the "misinformation campaign" will still be there waiting for you. You see, it doesn't matter at this point.

"Enough" was about 1972 in my opinion.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Enough was a while ago.

Stop playing nice and letting them get away with this crap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Bail? Insanity. I think that is not merely possible but probable that it will murder again.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
He was just following orders. "Confront and kill MAGA."

Posts: 11505 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
You’re both missing the point; the leftist interlopers destroying this country don’t give a rats ass about fair, tit for tat exchanges. They care about agenda. Every crime committed by their little minions will be overlooked. Every single act by conservatives will be blown out of proportion by the media lapdogs. You want to talk about “standing up to bullies”? You’d better be ready to go the full pull because like I already said, these traitors want another January 6th. They know full well the 6th wasn’t insurrection, but that’s what they’ll push for in their misinformation campaign.

Until what point gearhounds?

Conservatives have been playing nice and been worried about bad press for 50+ years and where has that gotten the country?

When do you say, "enough"? I can assure you that whenever that is, the "misinformation campaign" will still be there waiting for you. You see, it doesn't matter at this point.

"Enough" was about 1972 in my opinion.

Hence my comment that we all need to be ready to go full pull. No more half measures. Merely voting will not be enough; what is needed to take back our country I will not put in print. And if every single like minded individual isn’t willing to do what needs to be done and chickens out, it won’t work.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
It's all about tipping points. The left think they can poke the bear and get a minor response which they can use to their election advantage. But they don't understand that there is a tipping point. A point of no return.

Many of us will respond quietly in public but actively in the voting booth. We hope the course is still correctible.

But nobody can predict where the tipping point is. e.g. George Floyd set off hundreds of riots. To me, this is the danger, where idiots on the left think it is funny to poke the bear without thinking it will eventually decide enough is enough.

Personally, I believe whoever wrote Biden's speech hoped for exactly something like this kid getting murdered, and then hoped it would lead to a bit of retaliation which can be played up against republicans.

Posts: 9397 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Our President is a POS. The young man was murdered in cold blood. Obviously the guy is crazy on some level but the relentless campaign of fear from the President, politicians and media empower these people. I can’t imagine being the parents and having to cope with this. Sickening.

JC

Posts: 1266 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
Dead kid wasn't a junkie or a felon, so no 'say his name' and cities burned to the ground in fiery peaceful protest.

Maybe there should be. Our side doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere playing the logical and measured response game. If that is what the other side understands, maybe we should start speaking their language.

That is precisely what the left wants- validation to the claims that the right leaning conservative masses are the far right extremists they’ve been shrieking about. January 6th on a national level. THAT would get headlines.

I heard on a local talk radio show here today that the FBI wants to classify that anybody who was on the grass OUTSIDE the Capitol building that day also be charged as terrorists.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
charges upgraded to felony murder according to Bongino Report

https://thepostmillennial.com/...r?utm_campaign=64487

Charges have been upgraded for Shannon Brandt, the suspect who allegedly ran over 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson on September 18 for being a Republican in McHenry, North Dakota.

According to local news, Foster County State’s Attorney Kara Brinster filed new criminal charges against Brandt including Murder, which is a Class AA Felony, and Duty in Accident Involving Death or Injury, a Class B Felony. The charges of vehicular homicide were dropped in lieu of the upgrade.

Early on the morning of Sunday, September 18, Brandt is accused of running down Ellingson, of Grace City, North Dakota, after a street dance held at a local bar. Brandt told State Radio that the young man was part of a "Republican extremist group" and that his targeting of Ellingson was politically motivated.

There is "no evidence" Ellingson was part of any such group, according to North Dakota police. Witnesses have said that the two did not engage in a verbal dispute.

New details emerged from the new filings, as Brandt called 911 and spoke with dispatcher, or State Radio, and said, "I just wanna ask you a question, am I going to go to prison?"

Brandt also said "he [Ellingson] wasn't going to let me go, I hit him" and "he's subdued."

"He can't do anything to me now," Brandt told the dispatcher.

An autopsy showed that there were no acceleration marks or skid marks near the location of the 18-year-old victim's body, indicating no rushed or threatened vehicle acceleration.

Further, the autopsy indicates that Ellingson's primary injuries were caused from the SUV running over him, not from an initial impact.

The 18-year-old called his mother as Brandt chased him in his SUV to ask if she knew Brandt. She told her son she was on her way to get him directly before Brandt allegedly murdered the young man by running him down.

Posts: 53073 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
...before Brandt allegedly murdered the young man by running him down.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 8999 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
...before Brandt allegedly murdered the young man by running him down.
Roll Eyes

Hey hey now.... we can't have people being tried and convicted in the media right? I mean the media is supposed to report the news in an unbias <COUGH><GAG><COUGH>

Never mind, I couldn't make it through that even sarcastically.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37912 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrible, senseless murder over politics.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post