SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig only competition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig only competition Login/Join 
posted
Why doesn't Sig have a competition where you may only use their gun models. Like Glock does with the GSSF? Is there no interest in that? Or is it not lucrative for Sig to run something like that?

Posts: 20 | Location: Wrightstown NJ  | Registered: July 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could direct your question here.

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed H&K guy. I also figured people would chime in as to their interest in such a thing. I guess I was either wrong or I asked it the wrong way.

Posts: 20 | Location: Wrightstown NJ  | Registered: July 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Organize one and you can count me in Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I compete with a P226. I'd be in.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
We would have to agree on classes. DA/SA or not, for example, where we lump all SAO and DAK in one of two separate groups.

Then, we would have to agree on courses. If we copied GSSF exactly we could compare times and scores between marques.

And we would have to agree on the odd scoring. I cannot compete and win on time. So, we would have to create winners down the roster.

Why not? As heard in Animal House "Let's do it!"

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I'd like to do GSSF style match with Sigs

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could come lose! I just cycled my carry ammo and boy did I suck. I really need to catch up on trigger time.

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post