SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Console Sink - Plumbing Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Console Sink - Plumbing Question Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted
The level of knowledge here always astounds me so I thought I'd give it a shot and see if anyone can help me locate some parts.

As most of us are probably doing during this stay at home business, I am checking off projects on the honey do list. I have an American Standard wall mount console sink from 1957 that I am trying to find some parts for and have had zero luck. I need the mounting brackets that fit into the slots shown in picture that secure the back of the sink to the wall, and I am missing one of the rubber grommets that the front legs attach to. Any leads would be much appreciated.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Thie is not the correct bolt for your lav sink but it is similar. It is called a T-Bolt.

https://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-2012

The other you might want to make from a rubber plug or champagne / wine cork.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Could this be your wall mount bracket?

https://www.zoro.com/american-...58-0070a/i/G2168537/

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thie is not the correct bolt for your lav sink but it is similar. It is called a T-Bolt.

Thanks, but I am looking for the brackets from wall to sink.

quote:

It's a strong possibility, but I don't think that it has enough offset. I will have to measure, but the distance from slot to back of sink is around 2 inches.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
It's a strong possibility, but I don't think that it has enough offset. I will have to measure, but the distance from slot to back of sink is around 2 inches.

If not enough offset, shim out with blocking.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If you can get the rubber grommet out and measure you should be able to find at any hardware store, like ACE which are all open during the Corona situation.

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'd probably install heavy elle brackets onto a beefy backing board and 'rock right over the board, leaving only the brackets sticking out.

Or possibly mill a 2"x2" just right to act as a ledge.

That sink looks like it would work with a pedestal and some type of wall anchor or the brackets and two legs.

I could scour scrap yards from now until October and still not find your exact bracket but something close is probably available with enough rooting about.

A true "sink carrier", whereas the sink was 100% wall-supported, is not the case here. I've seen the brackets of which you speak, mounted right to the tile. In the 1990s I've pulled and reset sinks like that a few times. A friend scraps historically important nickel-plated brass hooks and brackets and what-not for cigarette money. A crime, for sure. He may have them in his garage but finding the brackets would rank up there with the Second Coming of Christ.

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Did you try contacting American Standard?
It appears, wall mounted sinks are still made.
Possibly the wall mounting bracket is available through them.

https://www.americanstandard-u...nks?page=1&plimit=21

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A friend scraps historically important nickel-plated brass hooks and brackets and what-not for cigarette money. A crime, for sure.

A crime indeed! All of the plumbing in this 112 year old house is either copper, brass, or some nickel plated version of either.

quote:
Did you try contacting AMerican Standard?

Not yet, but they are next on the hit list. If not, I will shim out the linked brackets as suggested.

posted Hide Post
The wall bracket doesn't work with the holes on the bottom of the sink. The front 2 are designed for leg support, the rear 2 are nothing, at least in my 52 years.

Let me look, I may have a wall bracket for you to try. My problem will b e looking through the "stuff" I have collected Eek

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It is a common 1920 - 1950 pedestal- or leg-supported lav sink. Some neighborhoods have lots of them. With that bracket you could set the sink an inch off the wall. Maybe for cleaning. Or just the look.

"They" stopped making the brackets in the 1980s, according to my buddy. He said the brackets were often plain steel and would "wear out". He has several of the sinks but no hardware. I've removed and remounted that type of sink more than a few times. The T-bold was always rusty and we reused them every time.