SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Republican Congressional Census?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Republican Congressional Census? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I got something in the mail. Is this a real thing? Legit? Should I respond?

Or this this fake crap from some private org fishing for info for whatever reason.....

Looks legit but can't really tell. Never received one before, never heard of it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A questionnaire followed by a request for funds? Who does the check get sent to? Your money and your choice but I’d throw it in the trash.

Posts: 4333 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yep. If it were "official" in any sense, it'd be from the National Republican Congressional Committee or National Republican Senate Committee or something like that.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The survey says 2019 Congressional District Census Commissioned by the Republican Party.

Asking questions basically about whether I agree w/ Trump or not. And then asks for a donation payable to the RNC (Republican National Committee?)

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one too. Trashed it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
The survey says 2019 Congressional District Census Commissioned by the Republican Party.

Asking questions basically about whether I agree w/ Trump or not. And then asks for a donation payable to the RNC (Republican National Committee?)

Standard way of soliciting donations. The NRA (sadly) used to the same thing. First they get you revved up with the questions asked and the way they're worded, then they ask you for money.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Shredding.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I dn't respond to any of that garbage. I loved getting the census form, the off-year one that says "YOU MUST RESPOND UNDER PENALTY OF LAW."

Yeah

Y'know the thing about paper is that if you crumple it, uncrumple it, crumple it, and do this a few times, the fibers begin to break down and the paper becomes soft enough to use to wipe your ass.

At least, that's what I've been told.

Don't flush it, though. That could be trouble, unlike their impotent threats. Use it on trash day and drop the used paper in your trash just before taking it to the curb.

At least, that's what I've been told.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I used to write those surveys and direct mail pitches for the RNC and other orgs. Not one of them gets read. Not one. They are fundraising pitches only and nothing more. If you want to give, by all means, do so. But don't think your answers or anything (other than money) you send back will get the slightest glance from anyone.

Posts: 3695 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Went into trash quickly.

Posts: 5762 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another propaganda

Democrats = Republican

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I got one.
It went right into the shredder.
If and when I donate money to a candidate I will send it to the candidate I want.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one yesterday. Shit canned on the spot.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
They don't really care about your opinion - they just want you to send them money.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I used the return envelope to send a note back that read “I will support the full republican party once the full republican party supports president Trump.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3905 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If it's the one I get regularly, it's probably legitimate. It specifically asks questions about the direction the country is headed under Presidents Trumps leadership (economy, illegal aliens, tariffs, guns, etc).

The only place it asks for money is at the very end which asks for a donation. Same as the President Trump donation request that's shown everyday by Ed Rollins on OANN. I do not send a donation, the price of a stamp is all I have into it.

It comes to our USPS box so I haven't noticed any black helicopters flying over the house.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I just trash the Republican surveys asking for money.

Have you ever got surveys with a nickle attached hoping your conscience would force you to fill it out??

Several years ago, I was getting surveys with a dollar attached. As long as I filled them out and sent them in, I continued to get the surveys. It all stopped when I failed to respond and kept the dollar.

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm holding my "2019 Congressional District Census" in my hand as we "speak". I'm almost...almost...inclined to shred it, put all the shards in the return envelope, and include a note stating I will ONLY donate to President Trump's campaign DIRECTLY. I will also afford that to Ted Cruz's and Michael McCaul's campaigns as well, but I'm on the fence about John Cornyn. The RNC will not see one red cent of my hard-earned cash until the RINOs are an extinct species. Since I know that will never happen, it'll be a cold day in hell before the RNC sees that one red cent.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have received the "Census" three times this year. Placed in the circular files three times.

Thought about sending back an empty envelop but you have to use your own stamp. Just a money request. I don't believe they care about my opinion based on the questions asked.

I started getting them after emailing Sen. Mitch McConnell several times. Thanks Mitch!

Posts: 41 | Location: SOKY | Registered: March 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post