SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes an eBay sale is a really interesting and positive experience
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes an eBay sale is a really interesting and positive experience Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Man, you guys are tough. To the Op, glad you had a good experience so far. Not all people suck. Cash the deposit and put it in the bank and see what comes in a couple weeks. If a scam ensues, keep the deposit, relist your vehicle, and move onto phase two. Good luck.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the buyer is my buddy Jesse from Hartford. He's always buying cars online down south. He usually ends up selling them after awhile, when he wants something different. Good deal, glad it worked out for you.

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

It's cool man, just be sure to have a sniper in overwatch when you go to meet him.

dUUUUUUUde! Did you miss the message and your high-assignment?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12671 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
It's not too far-fetched to believe there are still decent people out there that you haven't met yet.

If it wasn't disrespectful to the pure genius of imprezaguy02, that would be my new sig line today!

Posts: 12671 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Looking at the eBay auction - so, eBay fees will be on $5,500 and not $5,000? Was there no way to adjust that?

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Looking at the eBay auction - so, eBay fees will be on $5,500 and not $5,000? Was there no way to adjust that?

Flat rate of $125 on vehicles.

posted Hide Post
People are just jackasses these days. A buddy of mine is selling an inflatable RIB boat with outboard, trailer etc. It's a 2005, everything serviced, very good condition, turn key. He put it on Craigslist. A few weeks ago, a guy comes and looks at it, they agree on $5500, shake hands etc. The guy then tells him he'll be back in 2 days to pick it up, guy comes back in 2 days, when they go to hook up the trailer to his vehicle, the guy says he only has $5000 and cannot get anymore money. My buddy should've just gave it to him for that, but anyways told him to get the hell out and don't come back unless he's got what they agreed on.....LOLOLOL

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't want to make an offer before we discussed the time issue, but I had planned to offer 5k

So, he didn't want to make an offer but did to see if you would bite. Might be wrong about it but something doesn't sit right.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8760 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
People are just jackasses these days. A buddy of mine is selling an inflatable RIB boat with outboard, trailer etc. It's a 2005, everything serviced, very good condition, turn key. He put it on Craigslist. A few weeks ago, a guy comes and looks at it, they agree on $5500, shake hands etc. The guy then tells him he'll be back in 2 days to pick it up, guy comes back in 2 days, when they go to hook up the trailer to his vehicle, the guy says he only has $5000 and cannot get anymore money. My buddy should've just gave it to him for that, but anyways told him to get the hell out and don't come back unless he's got what they agreed on.....LOLOLOL

I wouldn't take $500 less either. That's a common tactic and has been used for years and years.

I used to go to this really cool flea market in Frankfurt, Germany in the early 90's and they always had lots of DDR and Soviet hats and stuff. If I saw something that was say 15 Marks, I'd pull out a 10-Mark note and wave it in front of them and tell them in German "I only have 10?". Half the time it would work.

Posts: 34539 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If he doesn't show up as planned with the promised cash, it is a scam.

If he does, take the cash, and give him the car. Good for you.

If he doesn't send him packing.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I wouldn't take $500 less either. That's a common tactic and has been used for years and years.

I used to go to this really cool flea market in Frankfurt, Germany in the early 90's and they always had lots of DDR and Soviet hats and stuff. If I saw something that was say 15 Marks, I'd pull out a 10-Mark note and wave it in front of them and tell them in German "I only have 10?". Half the time it would work.

Used inflatables are HARD to sell. He should have taken it and just gotten rid of it, as it's still sitting in his driveway in the way a month later and we're talking about someone who is a billionaire. He pisses away $500 on all kinds of stupidity.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
He's an incredibly detailed scam artist, having updated his FB page with a picture of my truck telling his friends that this is what he's driving back from their trip to DFW, what are THEY bringing back?!

He's even included pre-emptive photos of the people he uses for fake family. I've printed those to be able to compare to the folks who show up while the Inquisition of Doubt and Shame is going on.

I think he's peppered the page with his future-photos as well and will have those matched to his face reconstruction procedure this weekend.

So many details backing up the certain scam - must be another Russian deal!

Razz

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Be sure to check the cash for security water marks. If he pays in coins, you bite down on those to see if they're real.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
He's an incredibly detailed scam artist, having updated his FB page with a picture of my truck telling his friends that this is what he's driving back from their trip to DFW, what are THEY bringing back?!

He's even included pre-emptive photos of the people he uses for fake family. I've printed those to be able to compare to the folks who show up while the Inquisition of Doubt and Shame is going on.

I think he's peppered the page with his future-photos as well and will have those matched to his face reconstruction procedure this weekend.

So many details backing up the certain scam - must be another Russian deal!

Razz

Transmit the packet of photos to me so I will know who to focus on from my overwatch position

Have you run them thru all the databases to see if you could get DNA and fingerprint samples before the meet?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you run them thru all the databases to see if you could get DNA and fingerprint samples before the meet?

No, but I told him SIGforum recommended 23andme before consummating any deal. He said that sounded way too kinky and he was out of the deal. Apparently his internet friends warned him I'd try to arrange an orgy or get his DNA, one or the other.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Well, when you wake up in a bathtub full of ice, with no kidneys, don't say we didn't warn you.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a camper listed on ebay right now and the high bidder (met my reserve) is from South Korea with zero feedback and joined yesterday. I have a bad feeling this is not going to end well

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
So you guys haven't seen Roadkill? (though the Yukon is probably far too nice)

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Dude is meeting me at my house tomorrow morning after faking flying in from WI and picking up his fake family.

It's ok though, I've got these ready to test him and disproved the family, and have set up a TSA checkpoint at the front door for ultimate security theater!

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Cavity search them in the driveway

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post