SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun safe issues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun safe issues Login/Join 
Picture of indigoss
posted
My gun safe won’t open or shut. Any ideas on getting it to open?

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
You’ll need to provide a few more details.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Is it currently "open" or "shut"...?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
You’ll need to provide a few more details.

This

Is the lock unlocked and the door physically will not move? Is the lock the issue? Who makes the safe? What model?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
It must be shut if it won’t open?

Confused

Not trying to be funny.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Is this a riddle? Like a tree falling with nobody around?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My guess: he means the locking mechanism isn’t working, as opposed to the door not opening/closing.
OP: is it digital or a dial type?

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Is it really YOUR safe?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Replace the battery on the combo dial??

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Schrodinger's safe. Until you look at it, it's neither open nor shut, while also being both open and shut.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have there been rabbits in the room with the safe?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it currently "open" or "shut"...?

My vote is for wedged partially open. Neither open nor shut, but won't open or close.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
if it's a dial combo try one or two numbers before or after the actual combination for each number. Mine would not open after moving and one of the original number was 2 off. Takes some time and you have to do the process for each number.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
if it's a dial combo try one or two numbers before or after the actual combination for each number. Mine would not open after moving and one of the original number was 2 off. Takes some time and you have to do the process for each number.

That's a great answer! If only we knew the question.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sounds more like a riddle than a help request. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26405 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Is it really YOUR safe?

I have a car and I lost the keys. How can I unlock the door and start it up? Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indigoss:
My gun safe won’t open or shut. Any ideas on getting it to open?

I begin to see your problem: You can't open it because it's not shut, and you can't shut it because it's not open.

Tricky.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Schrodinger`s safe.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it wired with explosives?? Just asking....

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post