SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Biden: all ur kids r belong to us
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden: all ur kids r belong to us Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I see more than one way to interpret "belonging." Any educator worth their salt is going to feel "their" kids "belong" to them, not in the sense of property, but that of having responsibility for their care.

There was a time when many would agree with you and this wouldn't even be a blip on the radar. But, given that the vast majority of "educators" are radical leftists hell bent on indoctrinating "their kids" to their own ideology, is it any wonder why this is concerning to so many?

They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Posts: 20107 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by egregore:
snip..the vast majority of "educators" are radical leftists hell bent on indoctrinating "their kids" to their own ideology, is it any wonder why this is concerning to so many?

They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

I believe this to be true. I was on our school board for two terms, late 90's early 00's, and the hints were there including in public sessions when parental input was challenged by some teachers. The supe was old school and that stuff went underground for awhile. But now my island paradise is infested with it.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it depends to a certain degree on the region of the country and whether the school is private. Parents are more involved in curriculum planning and the PTO. You need to spend time in the school, talking to teachers and your kids. Children take on the values of their parents not the teachers, unless they are distant and uninvolved.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post