SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maybe it's time we turn this mask thing around
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe it's time we turn this mask thing around Login/Join 
posted
I went for a haircut this morning, no mask. They allow you in with no mask if you have been vaccinated. Kinda nice to see light at the end of the tunnel!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Meh, should have been optional from day one.
I just ignore and mostly nobody cares.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:

same.

The liberals often identify themselves to you though I've observed....

Best way to find one is walk around without a mask on and see who loses their shit, throws tantrums, and generally makes a complete ass of themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
quote:

same.

The liberals often identify themselves to you though I've observed....

Best way to find one is walk around without a mask on and see who loses their shit, throws tantrums, and generally makes a complete ass of themselves.

Hell, I do that a lot anyway Big Grin

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
or see who wears a mask driving their car, take their photo and publish it on social media

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
“If you’re vaccinated” I am sick of hearing this already.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
How do you tell if someone is vaccinated? Don’t worry they will tell you! I don’t have to turn anything around I haven’t been participating in this fiasco from the start. I’ve been and will continue to breathe the free air as God intended me to do. My immune system has worked fine for me for 66 years and through far more deadlier viruses than this one.

If this one gets me it gets me. I have held no illusions of being immortal.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
or see who wears a mask driving their car, take their photo and publish it on social media

I can't count the number of times I've seen solo idiots do that in the car next to me. I wondered about them. Then I did it a few times after I forgot to take my own face fucker off. Big Grin
I'll do quick look for nhtagmember as I take it off. Razz

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my favorite was watching some Rhodes Scholar drive up to a McDonalds window in a convertible. Top was down and he was wearing a mask.

Brilliant - absolutely brilliant. I'm sure he's going to go far in life as a rocket surgeon.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I had fun today eating out at a place with a big "Masks Required" sign on the sidewalk.

I went out of my way to walk around the place b/4 ordering. Looking the masked employees and patrons right in the eye and smiling. Living my new found freedom! And of course daring/waiting anyone to ask me about my mask or my vax status.

But nope... Not a peep. I even got caught up in the game a little bit and found myself looking down pitifully on the unwashed/unvaxxed?? masked patrons. How could they be so foolish now?

I blows me away that folks still want to cover their faces with completely ineffective cloth masks. It's like they've become dependent on the masks. Mentally crippled. And now the virtue signalling has been flipped on it's head.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've done some work at a restaurant a couple times in the last few weeks. It's humoerous to see the servers, bartenders and hostesses all wearing masks, while of course unbeknownst to the customers, no one in the kitchen is.

(of course if people knew what went on in most restaurant kitchens, they wouldn't eat there)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
A friend's wife went to menards. No mask all the time she was shopping and no one said a thing.....until she got to the check out. They refused to ring up her purchases until she went to her car and got a mask. She did, most of us wouldn't have, I know.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Of all the odd places such pointless wearing frenzy shows up, yesterday out on a lonesome country road, a single long-ride bicycle rider was pumping away in his little mask. He was miles from town any direction. No group of other riders anywhere near.

When challenged about 'shots' I have taken to asking if they think my suggestion of having a purple "V" tatooed on my forehead would be acceptable.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
A friend's wife went to menards. No mask all the time she was shopping and no one said a thing.....until she got to the check out. They refused to ring up her purchases until she went to her car and got a mask. She did, most of us wouldn't have, I know.

I would have left everything right there and told them to kiss my ass

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Went to Culver's yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see the employees mask free for the most part. Big sign on the door told customers masks were recommended but not required and vast majority of customers were mask free. Ketchup in the pump dispensers and condiments in full supply. Hat tip Culvers!

Menards is the worst mask nazi and they are right behind Culvers.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Haven’t worn a mask at all. Won’t be a guinea pig for the vax. Went into a store tonight and they still had a sign up about masks. Guy was walking in because he went back to his car to get his mask. His wife was at the door saying they didn’t require it after all. I yelled out “this is America. No mask required”. They bowed down and ran inside like I had said heil hitler. Whatever, sheep.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never thought they do much good. I wear one as a courtesy to others and to avoid being thought of as an asshole.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barely wore one since the beginning. I'm not the type to say anything if you wore one also. I always thought this should have been personal choice if you wanted to.
I'll add that I never really thought the masks did much good anyways especially when it was being said to double or even triple mask. One mask isn't effective?
My whole family is vaccinated except for me. Still won't get it. I've had direct contact with positive people and my immune system has done its job.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Has Chairman Xiden lifted the requirement for wearing masks on federal property?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
That what I love about living here in the mountains of East Tn. I have only worn a mask a few times in over a year. Only when going to a doctors office other then that no one has ever said a single word about it to me not once!

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post