SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    <Smile story of the day> Video captures Wis. student saving friend's life
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

<Smile story of the day> Video captures Wis. student saving friend's life Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
LA CROSSE, Wis. — A Wisconsin high school student is being called a hero for using the Heimlich maneuver to rescue a choking friend in the school cafeteria.

Video of the incident shows several students at La Crosse's Central High School eating lunch when one of them, Will Olson, begins to choke on a cheese curd. After several seconds his friend, Ian Brown, calmly walks over, put his arms around Olson's abdomen, and presses upward several times before successfully dislodging the food from Olson's airway.

Brown learned the technique in a youth program put on by the La Crosse Police Department. He tells ABC News , "I was just doing what I was trained to do."

http://www.startribune.com/hei...nd-s-life/417022044/

Also, you can literally watch his arms getting redder the longer his choking goes on...

Since everything came out okay, I do have to laugh about the fact that the student was choking on a cheese-curd. Friggin' Wisconsin! Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12324 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
It's funnier if you ready the article in Lou Sargento's voice. "Our families passion is cheese"

Good for the student knowing to step in and help.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post