SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New addition coming soon to the Stickman428 household
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New addition coming soon to the Stickman428 household Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
My in-laws have had Schnauzers as long as I’ve known them. I was not a huge fan of the breed at first but slowly over time I began to warm up to them. Their last dog was a superb ambassador for the breed and was truly a special dog. Recently and quite unexpectedly my in-laws beautiful Schnauzer passed away. I won’t get into the details because it’s very upsetting and was possibly avoidable.

My kids have been bugging us to get a dog for years. I decided that as horrible as this year has been it was time to do something different and let my kids have a puppy. To be quite honest I miss having a bearded little dog around the house.

He is still too little to take home but look who will be joining our family in November! I think we are going to name him Huckleberry. Cool

His mom and dad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Hello Huckleberry! Welcome to the forum! I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you eventually.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Looks and sounds like a win-win, for sure!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
"I'm your Huckleberry" what could possibly go wrong? Big Grin

Animals are great for kids!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19773 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful puppy, bet you can't wait to get him home. Don't blink, they grow up fast!

We've always had Miniature Schnauzers, great breed!

this is our Benz

Posts: 246 | Location: GA. | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Congrats! My pup Bella is almost 8 years old. She's such a joy I'm not sure what I'll ever do without her. Stubborn as mule but I wouldn't have it any other way.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1916 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Some nice looking pups in this thread! Smile

Growing up, we had mini-Schnauzers and they were great dogs!

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
TRD & texassierra, beautiful Schnauzers! My in-laws are also getting a puppy from the same breeder and went to visit them yesterday.

Newer pic from yesterday. He is getting bigger. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Our 8 month old 4 legged sawmill happily welcomes your cute little buzz saw to the forum. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
He might be a phantom color like my Bella. This is the first pic I saw of her. No doubt you and your family are very excited to get him home.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1916 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here I thought you were getting another bike! Congrats on the new pooch; I, too, recently acquiesced to the wife and kids for a small dog.

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Love him like there's no tomorrow.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's gonna be a looker. Congrats on the new pup.

Posts: 3649 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
And here I thought you were getting another bike! Congrats on the new pooch; I, too, recently acquiesced to the wife and kids for a small dog.
Well, I figured his wife was pregnant. A very cute puppy, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations from Claire and me.

I am convinced Dogs make us better people.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Very cute puppy. Had a neighbor years back who had a whole gaggle of these dogs. Including one of the giants.

Posts: 17987 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my! Just wonderful.

Posts: 103 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
cute little guy

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Love him like there's no tomorrow.

Prolly the best advice Smile

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome stickman! I think he’s gonna be a perfect addition to your family, congrats!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post