SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Customer in cowboy hat helps thwart armed robbery at Monterrey butcher shop
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customer in cowboy hat helps thwart armed robbery at Monterrey butcher shop Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
A man waiting in line at a Mexico butcher shop took advantage of an armed robber’s momentary distraction to jump on the criminal's back and disarm and subdue him.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Someone should have brought a knife to the gun fight this time.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12423 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Pretty calm demeanor on the part of Tex. Might not be his first "rodeo".

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
It's a relief to see the one butcher pick up the gun. But then around 35sec, he tries to put it in his waist band, Mexican carry style, and it fall right back out. Big Grin

The kid is lucky those butchers didn't come out w/ cleavers.

Posts: 7360 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, and I know you did not write the header. If I recall correctly pretty much everyone wears cowboy hats in that area of Mexico. In NYC wearing a cowboy hat is unusual unless you are in a movie.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Thanks for posting this, and I know you did not write the header. If I recall correctly pretty much everyone wears cowboy hats in that area of Mexico. In NYC wearing a cowboy hat is unusual unless you are in a movie.

It is true that such headgear is extremely common. I couldn’t tell from the article whether the butcher shop was in Mexico, or a Mexican butcher shop in Monterey, CA, etc. either.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
When Wilford took off his glasses and sat them down, I knew it was about to get good.

Posts: 17148 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
How much "re-education" ya think went on just outta camera frame? Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That hombre was a pretty cool customer.

And yeah, those damn Yankee reporters making a big deal out of the hat. Those aren't uncommon here in Houston, and a certain type of Mexican wears them even more commonly.

When those butchers drug him off, I thought they were going to start carving him up, a la Tony Soprano at Satriale's meat market.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

And yeah, those damn Yankee reporters making a big deal out of the hat. Those aren't uncommon here in Houston, and a certain type of Mexican wears them even more commonly.

When those butchers drug him off, I thought they were going to start carving him up, a la Tony Soprano at Satriale's meat market.

I'd be watching for a sale on mystery meat in the next few days.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:

I'd be watching for a sale on mystery meat in the next few days.

Too skinny, not worthwhile.

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
he might just end up as hamburger mix

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
The worker who did the throat grab and take down at 0:33 played a small part, too.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Pretty calm demeanor on the part of Tex. Might not be his first "rodeo".

Plus he was able to spot and take advantage of a sloppy perp.
Changing hand with the gun, not paying attention to the situation and going from victim to victim. No real plan of attack.
Bad for him.

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've got a few customers who regularly come in dressed similarly here up in the SeaTac area. One of them speaks pretty good English and enjoys practicing it. He was wearing spurs on his muddy boots a few weeks ago. I know enough to know they weren't for show (seen that, also). Real cowboys still exist, many of them speak Spanish. Smile

Is it just me, or did the robber cock that pistol when he pulled it? Hammer looks to be back when he points it at the caballero, and nobody who handles it after seemingly decocks it. The butcher seems to have shoved a cocked revolver straight into his waistband. Lucky he didn't decock himself.

Posts: 17148 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was wearing spurs on his muddy boots a few weeks ago.

Did you do a soil analysis or how do you know it was "mud". Real cowboys don't like to walk anywhere, least of all in mud. The job requires them to sometimes walk in a non-mud like substance. Smile

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
CARNES CARES. Big Grin

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the butcher caught the guy by the neck at the door:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was thinking he should end up like Carbone in Goodfella's. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Did you do a soil analysis or how do you know it was "mud". Real cowboys don't like to walk anywhere, least of all in mud. The job requires them to sometimes walk in a non-mud like substance. Smile

I was tryin' to be polite about it. Big Grin

Mister, I never won a cow-chip tossing contest, but I sure did compete a time or two. Wink