SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best welded 16 or 17' jon boat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best welded 16 or 17' jon boat Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Looking for a recommedation.
Is the Grizzly tracker the best one. I would also like to know a price on one with trailer. No motor.

Thanks

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Many good brands just buy one that hasn't been abused. After 4th of July prices get good. Check Craigslist daily. Where you at? I've got a good 18ft Tracker all fish modified V w/90 Mercury I'm thinking about selling. Will be under $10k

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ds, I am in the Rocky mount. West. Unfortuanately my budget is pretty low and I already have a couple of motors that I think will work. I would love something along the lines of what you have though. Trade for a Scar? Wink

A 1648 list for $3300 wo trailer.

Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Not sure of your location but I really like the War Eagle boats made just up the road from me in Arkansas. Have been to their factory and like the process they use. Just sold our deck boat as it was too big to really fish out of and have been looking at the really wide Jon Boat style. Don't have any prices yet as I haven't started to look in earnest.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a 'Grizzly', about 20 years old, no issues. My motor is a 15hp Yamaha.

I'd evaluate by hull thickness, there may well be other similar boats out there. There are times when lightweight is a factor, like loading solo in the bed of a truck.

Mine is a 16' on a trailer.

Posts: 6163 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. BP, yes I have seen some War Eagles on the net. I almost bought one the other day and had it shipped from Tn. I hesitated and it was sold. They are nice but out here they are like hens teeth. I don't even think there is a dealer with in a thousand miles or more. Lowes, alumacraft and crestliner are more common out here. Don't really know about theIr quality.