SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Problem with Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
My GF has a Frigidaire refrigerator (model # fftr2021ts2). The freezer works, the refrigerator section doesn't. This is very typically a dead evaporator fan motor. I ordered and installed a new evaporator fan. I feel air blowing around in the freezer, but nothing coming down to the fridge section. The temperature in the fridge is 55 degrees. All the controls are set to full cold.

I told her to use up whatever she has in the freezer, and shut the unit off for a day. I'm thinking there may be an ice clog in the air vent down to the fridge. Replacing the fan motor and the shut off are all I have. Is there anything else to try?

Any help appreciated.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Dude, really?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
What?

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Maybe you missed it when Appliance Brad stopped coming around due to incessant request for his help and being second guessed for his troubles?

ETA, he took about a 3 year break from this place and it was discussed at length about "paging xyz" members being a bad idea as it got abused.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, be nice and edit your thread title REMOVING Brad!

If Para were around you'd be getting your ass kicked!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try moving the temperature adjustments closer to the middle, from what I know (not an appliance repair person) the temperature settings work by moving a damper to just move more air from one area (freezer) to the fridge. Or vice versa, but too much can be detrimental.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay, done. I guess missed a memo.

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Yeah, be nice and edit your thread title REMOVING Brad!

If Para were around you'd be getting your ass kicked!

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I told her to use up whatever she has in the freezer, and shut the unit off for a day. I'm thinking there may be an ice clog in the air vent down to the fridge. Replacing the fan motor and the shut off are all I have. Is there anything else to try?

I think this is a good place to start. About 18 years ago I had a similar issue, and it was a blockage in the vent between the freezer and fridge compartments. I can't remember if it was ice or something else, but it was an easy fix when the repairman came out. Take the cover off and see if you can stick your finger in there!

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24338 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Thanks for having my back guys ;}

I don't mind fielding the occasional question and I hope you will check with us first if you need to order parts.

Air vents are plugged with frost/ice/ Common after evap fan failure or even power outage. Shutting it down overnight with the freezer door ajar shoud remedy it.

Posts: 11290 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post