SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shipping a pistol back to manufacturer.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping a pistol back to manufacturer. Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
I know I should know this answer just having some brain freeze. I need to ship a VP9 back to HK. Got my RMA number and paperwork from HK. I know I can ship it via UPS or FedEx directly to them or do the FFL route. My freeze part is can it come back straight to me since it is from factory to owner of does it have to come back FFL?

Thanks!!!

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will ship it back to you.

Posts: 12738 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yes they will ship it directly to you. If you send it thru an FFL, it will go back to him and you will need to fill out another 4473-so DONT do that.

I’ve returned a gun to S&W and they sent it back to my home UPS signature required.

Easy peasy

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11303 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect. Thanks.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Yup.....I sent one to Sig and it was shipped back directly to my house, signature required......it was a smooth event

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you ship it direct, it can come directly back to you.

If you ship it through an FFL, it comes back to the FFL.

Compare your cost for UPS / FedEx, vs. the FFL transfer charge. Your UPS / FedEx has to go overnight service, which ain't cheap. Your FFL can use Priority Mail, so shipping is less expensive, but s/he will probably charge a fee for service and you'll need to do a 4473.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30729 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
Yup.....I sent one to Sig and it was shipped back directly to my house, signature required......it was a smooth event

Yes, as long as you are home. My brother called me last week to get me to sit at his house because he missed the delivery of his Ruger LCP that has been back to Ruger twice now and his kids aren't 21.
He works for himself so sitting around not making money, a transfer fee could have been a better solution (that didn't involve me).

Posts: 7374 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Yes they will ship it directly to you. If you send it thru an FFL, it will go back to him and you will need to fill out another 4473-so DONT do that.

I’ve returned a gun to S&W and they sent it back to my home UPS signature required.

Easy peasy

if the FFL receives it from you as a repair, then it can be disposed to you w/o background check, when it returns,

it has to be received from as a repair and disposed to the same person

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post