SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The AP reaffirms why I hate the mainstream media and the narrative they’re pushing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The AP reaffirms why I hate the mainstream media and the narrative they’re pushing Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/978006/16

May not seem like a big deal, but it’s instilling in sheep to be a White person is a bad thing.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Linguistic games

2. The need for executives to 'do something' to show they're apart of the zeitgeist.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
"The AP said white people in general have much less shared history and culture, and don't have the experience of being discriminated against because of skin color."

That is LITERALLY discriminating because of skin color.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Sigh...

Article at link:
quote:
AP Says it Will Capitalize Black but Not White

After changing its usage rules last month to capitalize the word “Black” when used in the context of race and culture, The Associated Press on Monday said it would not do the same for “white.”

The AP said white people in general have much less shared history and culture, and don't have the experience of being discriminated against because of skin color.

Protests following the death of George Floyd, which led to discussions of policing and Confederate symbols, also prompted many news organizations to examine their own practices and staffing. The Associated Press, whose Stylebook is widely influential in the industry, announced June 19 it would make Black uppercase.

In some ways, the decision over “white” has been more ticklish. The National Association of Black Journalists and some Black scholars have said white should be capitalized, too.

“We agree that white people's skin color plays into systemic inequalities and injustices, and we want our journalism to robustly explore these problems,” John Daniszewski, the AP's vice president for standards, said in a memo to staff Monday. “But capitalizing the term white, as is done by white supremacists, risks subtly conveying legitimacy to such beliefs.”

Columbia Journalism Review, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, the Los Angeles Times, NBC News and Chicago Tribune are among the organizations that have recently said they would capitalize Black but have not done so for white.

“White doesn't represent a shared culture and history in the way Black does,” The New York Times said on July 5 in explaining its decision.

CNN, Fox News and The San Diego Union-Tribune said they will give white the uppercase, noting it was consistent with Black, Asian, Latino and other ethnic groups. Fox cited NABJ's advice.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
...and don't have the experience of being discriminated against because of skin color."
Yeah. Bullshit! Time travel back to the early 1900's when Italians and Irish (my heritage) immigrated to the United States. They were treated WORSE than a stray dog in the streets. What about the Asians that were "imported" into this country and enslaved just as the blacks. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant getting whipped and beaten while building the early railway system out west. Don't hear them screaming and demanding "reparations".

Yeah...where's the comet?? Not THAT one...it missed the friggin' planet...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
The article is hilarious! They can't even agree among themselves what is and isn't racist!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3301 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
“He who controls the language controls the masses”.
–Saul Alinsky

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The language points are spot on.

Factually, there is not a single "Black" culture. Look at the differences in West Indies, more recent African immigrants and American Blacks. Add to the mix differences in religion (Christian, Muslim), etc.

Skin color does not equal culture.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Back of the bus.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Lib media usually doesn't even use the word 'black.' They try to eliminate that word from any article where a perp is that darker shade of whiteish.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m pinkish anyway

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Why are we talking about "blacks". I thought that was racist. Aren't they all African-Americans? Roll Eyes Society has truly reached a point of complete absurdity, bolstered by monumental stupidity.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I'm rather speckled myself.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Lib media usually doesn't even use the word 'black.' They try to eliminate that word from any article where a perp is that darker shade of whiteish.

Unless said person can be construed (or misconstrued) as a victim.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Aren't they all African-Americans?
Lol, talk to my buddy from college, parents immigrated from South Africa and he is white as can be.

So of course he claimed (rightfully so) to be "African-American". Then it got changed to African-American/Black to prevent this.

If you want to see some interesting in-fighting, research the ADOS movement (American Descendants Of Slavery) - where true ADOS Blacks HATE non-ADOS blacks trying to claim they are - like Kamala Harris, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
What about the Asians that were "imported" into this country and enslaved just as the blacks.

"One potential origin of the phrase Chinaman's chance traces it to the construction of the U.S. transcontinental railroad. During its construction, unstable bottles of nitroglycerine were used for blasting. Chinese workers would be lowered over cliffs by rope and boatswain's chairs to set the nitroglycerine in place. In this work, if they were not lifted back up before the blast, serious injury or death would result.[citation needed] According to a newspaper article in 1870, 20,000 pounds (9,100 kg) of bones from Chinese workers who died building the railroad were shipped to China for interment. The article calculated the bones were from 1,200 workers."

Posts: 2542 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Yeah. Bullshit! Time travel back to the early 1900's when Italians and Irish (my heritage) immigrated to the United States. They were treated WORSE than a stray dog in the streets. What about the Asians that were "imported" into this country and enslaved just as the blacks. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant getting whipped and beaten while building the early railway system out west. Don't hear them screaming and demanding "reparations".

Yeah...where's the comet?? Not THAT one...it missed the friggin' planet...

My ancestors were Italian and Irish too, and I'm certain that none of them had anything to do with slavery, or Jim Crowe. Their only privilege was working their way out of poverty in the tenement neighborhoods of New York City, serving in the war, and achieving some degree of success after each generation. Irish were very poorly treated in the 1800's. Both immigrant cultures valued their intact families, their catholic churches, and the education of their children.

Think ahead a few years, Hispanics are the majority minority now, and they will continue to grow in population (both immigration and childbirth) and drive policy in their favor. Like our Irish and Italian ancestors, Hispanics had ZERO to do with slavery in the USA, so they do not suffer from "white guilt" or feel they owe anything to anyone to make up for it. The black "leaders" are very aware of this and they don't have a whole lot of time left...

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are we talking about "blacks". I thought that was racist. Aren't they all African-Americans? Roll Eyes Society has truly reached a point of complete absurdity, bolstered by monumental stupidity.

Seems it depends on the mood and whim of the described. Sometimes it's black. Sometimes it's A-A. Sometimes it's 'of color'. Yes I'll have a cup of coffee of color.

I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I have said it before on this forum and will again: the AP is as far left as any MSM body, nobody will out left them, even MSNBC and CNN.
For example, they do opinion articles posed as factual news that the "demonstrators" did not increase covid cases but that churches and Trump's rally did.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Seems it depends on the mood and whim of the described. Sometimes it's black. Sometimes it's A-A. Sometimes it's 'of color'. Yes I'll have a cup of coffee of color.

They change it up every few years so anyone using the old word is a racist.

Long ago Negro was the accepted proper term. Then "colored" as in the NAACP was favorable. Then it changed to black in the 60's and the earlier terms because racist old white cracker terms. Then came African American and black was no longer acceptable because "we aren't really black". Then came "people of color" which is all politically correct, but "colored people" will get you viralized on twitter until you lose your job and all your friends. Now we are back to "black" because "we aren't all African or American" and black includes Jamaicans, and Dominicans, and Haitians. When I was 2 or 3 years old I said the kid I played with down the street named Frankie was brown. Because he was, and it didn't make any difference to me because he was my friend.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post