SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Free oil change
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free oil change Login/Join 
posted
I do the oil changes on the Mrs. truck. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and K&N filter. I'm very picky about what oil and filter goes on and in our vehicles.

Picked up the Mrs. truck that was in for warranty work. They tried to charge us for an oil change we didn't ask for.

That started an endless cycle of shit. We finally got to the point where they admitted they screwed up and gave it to us for free. If they hadn't been such turds about it, I would have dropped it at that point.

The Service Manager finally agreed to put the Pennzoil back it with a K&N filter.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Be careful taking it back again, they'll spit in yer engine.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'd consider their change a flush and rechange it.

Posts: 7632 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Be careful taking it back again, they'll spit in yer engine.
Big Grin

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everybody has an opinion on things oil and filters. But if I owned a vehicle that was still under a warranty there is not a chance in h*** I'd put a non OEM filter on it.
Even after I'd never put a K&N oil filter in it, but that's just me. I race things and 100% of the time when there is a failed filter its not an OEM one. So I'm biased.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11164 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post