SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POC Space? Universities have spaces for persons of color?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POC Space? Universities have spaces for persons of color? Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
They were self segregating in the mid to late '80s when I went to college. Fuck 'em.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
well 20 years ago we used to have conversations about the inherent racism of affirmative action. for both college entrance, and job placement.

One of the interesting threads was we were concerned, what would it do to a people to be told their entire life you must have a 'helper' law to get an education, and a 'helper' law to get a job.
This is the logical result of such a generation.

We will always congregate with like minded folks with some degree of segregation. Churches, social gatherings etc. This is done culturally as well as by race. If someone likes how we worship and present the gospel they will attend our church, if they do not, the find a church that is more like what they want. I am not charismatic, nor am I episcopal. Being a Baptist has suited me over the last 10 years. But that does not make religion racist. No one prevents others from coming, it is a product of freedom.

The woman made others leave not because of a disruptive difference, being a hard rock club at an anime gathering, but simply because they were 'white' faces. That is the prejudice that sins.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The young lady in the video would be SHOCKED if someone pointed out she was being racist.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Theys micegenated!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Funny how liberals always want to say America is supposed to be the melting pot but yet they want to label everyone and keep us divided.

“Melting pot” was a common expression when I was young, but it has been out of favor among the dividers for a long time. The “proper” term for what we’re supposed to be now is “salad bowl,” but not even tossed salad because that would imply that the various groups should be spread out and their individual members shouldn’t self-segregate themselves.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But its the GOOD kind of racism.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
God dammit! For the two hundredth time, 'white' is a color! As a matter of fact, it's the most inclusive color because its created from the combination of a number of other colors on the light spectrum. These goddamn morons don't even have a minimal grasp of basic science. Mad

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Theys micegenated!

Hell, they ain't even old timey!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Theys micegenated!
For future reference, there's an "s" in there: "miscengenated".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
Don't these morons realize that a POC Space is equal to "the back of the Bus"?
It's blatant racism.

Posts: 528 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
So what she wants is....

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
And restrooms..................

And their own special seats at the back of the bus... do these idiots really not see the sad irony in what they support?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Maybe if they acted a little more like the non-POC they would feel more accepted.

flashguy

You might be a bit more specific.
I live in a all non-POC community of about 15,000 and there are persons of exemplary behavior but then the 440 bed jail is at capacity and the Police blotter is never short of incidents not to mention the county sex offender registry is extensive.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Theys micegenated!
For future reference, there's an "s" in there: "miscengenated".

flashguy

Noted. Thank you! Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
idjits - all of them

I'm white

White is a color

I need my space

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I would’ve told the bitch I identify as Filipino.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Aren't we all a person of color? I don't know about ya'll but I'm not plain white, lol.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My response.
"Well, you racist piece of shit, I'm uncomfortable around really stupid people and since there are too many of them in this room I'd kindly ask you to leave."

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 80's, the Government required that you have a goal of 10 percent minorities. So Engineers got a big salary boost since there were very few and they thought they were privileged so some of them came into work late and took long lunches and usually failed to put in an 8 hour day.

I had to work with some of them and fix problems on their projects. It finally got to the point that I refused to work on their projects and my boss was not happy. I found out later that he was taking credit for my work.

In the end, all three of the minorities were caught working on an outside job without company approval and they were fired. Stolen property was also found in their possession.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These POC types, race hustlers, race-baiters, ignoramus', are looking to re-litigate every single social issue in the entire history of this country, to include pulling open scars that have healed and, scabs that are currently healing in order for their own personal attention, gain and self-angrandizement. First it was colored, then it was blacks, then it was African-American, now it People of Color, however it was only recently that brown-skinned Hispanics were included (not the light-skinned ones Roll Eyes) due to the boiling-over of a broken immigration system and of course, Asians are not included despite all the rhetoric of minority inclusion and such. Its a constant re-invention of terminology, searching for identity and the belief that one is constantly under oppression. Good grief these people are idiots.

The irony of her statement (and the idea in general) is rich and plentiful.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post