SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Today at Costco
Regular $4.09
Premium $$4.39

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Chevron Premium 91 octane is now around $6.69 to $6.79.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roarindan:
yesterday at noon we filled the company pickup, (the pump only allowed $ 125.00 = 3/4 tank) gas was $4.89. stopped to play the lotto at 4:30; price was $4.99.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Congrats, guys! America just set a new record!

Gas prices top $4 in every U.S. state for the first time
Average price reaches record $4.52 per gallon. Blame the high cost of oil and switch to summer gas blends.
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/g...llon-in-every-state/

Yeah, I know your grandparents set records for beating the USSR, creating antibiotics, and putting men on the moon, but this generation has record-high gas prices, so take that, Boomers!

The average per-gallon price reached a new record of $4.52 on Tuesday, the automobile group said.

Drivers in California are facing the biggest hit, with prices in the Golden State reaching a new record of $6.02 per gallon, AAA said. The surge in gas prices is contributing to the highest inflation in four decades, and taking a bite out of consumers' wallets.

It seems Georgia, Kansas, and Oklahoma were the last of the holdouts:

Until Monday, there were three states where gas could still be found at an average price of below $4 a gallon: Georgia, Kansas and Oklahoma. But with the jump in prices on Tuesday, those states joined the $4-per-gallon club, with prices hitting $4.06 in Georgia; $4 in Kansas; and $4.01 in Oklahoma.

It's very important to note here that it's all everybody else's fault and not Joe Biden's, because he totally hasn't done anything over the last year that would cripple the U.S. energy industry or cause out-of-control inflation!

Because consumers are spending more on gas, they are cutting back on other consumer goods and services, JPMorgan said in a May 13 report.

This is important because spending, not buying power or rising prices, is what the regime puppets have been using as an indicator that the economy is actually doing great.

"See, people are spending money by the barrel full! That means everything is fine!"

Except now that spending (AKA skyrocketing credit card debt) is starting to slow.

US Retail Sales Growth Slows In April
ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
WWW.ZEROHEDGE.COM

https://www.zerohedge.com/pers...s-growth-slows-april

...analysts expected another monthly rise in retail sales (which is reported in nominal dollars) and they were right but the headline print modestly disappointed (+0.9% MoM [month-over-month] vs +1.0% MoM exp) but that was offset by a huge upward revision in March data from +0.5% MoM to +1.4% MoM....

So yeah, that's great. It turns out that releasing all our emergency fuel from the Strategic Reserve didn't save Biden or your wallet. Instead, prices are expected to easily hit $5 by July 4 (but remember Joe saved you $0.16 that one time!).

In the meantime, as the spending slows and recession sets in, it ain't gonna be pretty.

https://notthebee.com/article/...rst-time-in-history/

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Congrats, guys! America just set a new record!

Gas prices top $4 in every U.S. state for the first time

So yeah, that's great. It turns out that releasing all our emergency fuel from the Strategic Reserve didn't save Biden or your wallet. Instead, prices are expected to easily hit $5 by July 4 (but remember Joe saved you $0.16 that one time!).

I heard that most of the SPR went right to Europe? Is that true? How is that even legal?

Gas around here will hit $5 by Friday at the rate things are going, forget the 4th of July

FJB
FJB
FJB
FJB
FJB
FJB
FJB

And fuck all his handlers too! Red Face

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Gasoline is a fungible commodity traded on NYMEX. The quote I look at is RBOB for historical and future prices. Its displayed price is per gallon without transportation costs, storage costs, and taxes. What I see when I look at NYMEX:
  • currently, RBOB is $2.73 which is $0.76 per gallon higher than last year
  • June 2021 RBOB averaged $2.21 and June 2022 futures price closed Friday $0.60 per gallon higher than last year.
  • NYMEX traders are putting a $0.16 premium on RBOB now versus June.

What can a Sigforumite do:
  • use an app or website such as GasBuddy to make educated decision when filling up. Use the brand filters to display the cheapest "Top Tier" gasoline or diesel. It's not worth driving out of your way for a penny a gallon, but I'm currently seeing $0.20 per gallon difference between top tiers in my area and occasionally I see $0.30 per gallon spread.
  • if you really have a strong opinion of gasoline prices being higher or lower than current future prices you can make an investment since it is a commodity traded on NYMEX. Going long means you're betting on it being higher and going short means you're betting on it being lower.

DISCLOSURES:
  • My employer sells gasoline, but I'm currently not in that portion of the business. However, I am prohibited from buying or selling refined product, crude oil, or natural gas futures.
  • I'm not an investment advisor.
  • NYMEX RBOB closed at 3.7305 today so if anybody would've went long after my Feb 27th post they would've made out like a bandit.

RBOB futures are $3.604 for July and $3.4549 for August. If you really believe gas prices are going up you can still go long on gasoline futures.

DISCLOSURES:
  • My employer sells gasoline, and I'm still not in that portion of the business. However, I am still prohibited from buying or selling refined product, crude oil, or natural gas futures.
  • I'm still not an investment advisor.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Gassed up locally two weeks ago at a Sunoco for $4.19 and they were the lowest around me. Yesterday, $4.69.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get my pies
    outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
    posted Hide Post
    Lovely Roll Eyes

That means it will be $7 a gal in PA by then:

Gas prices will surpass $6 nationwide by August, JPMorgan says

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    No, not like
    Bill Clinton
    Picture of BigSwede
    posted Hide Post
    $3.78 last week, $4.05 today

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    Was in Tyler, TX for the NJCAA Men's Tennis Playoffs. Before leaving, I filled up for $4.19/gal at Walmart...highest I've paid in the 45 years I've been driving. EVER! I would be SHOCKED if gas prices ever fell to or below $2.99/gal in my lifetime. The hard-working people of this country, both American and otherwise, just got bent over the table and f***ed up the rectum.

LGB
    FJB ~

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Raptorman
    Picture of Mars_Attacks
    posted Hide Post
    The economy is going to stall.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
    Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Buy high and sell "low"
    Picture of archerman
    posted Hide Post
    It went from $4.59 on Tuesday to $4.69 on Wednesday.

Good times!

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Not really from Vienna
    Picture of arfmel
    posted Hide Post
    $4.29 at the cheap place this morning.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of leavemebe
    posted Hide Post
    Needed diesel for the tractor today: $5.72 at the local Exxon. Regular gas was $4.49. Up about a 5 cents from my last dose for the Tundra a week ago.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    Senator Hawley dealing with these lying sacks of shit in this administration, in particular the feckless Department of Energy Secretary Granholm:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Soaring Gas Prices Reach New Record High For 12th Day Straight

https://thefederalist.com/2022...r-12th-day-straight/

Gas prices went up again on Wednesday, setting a new record for the 12th straight day even after President Joe Biden’s unprecedented release from the nation’s emergency petroleum reserves began on Sunday.

According to AAA’s gas tracker, the nationwide average for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline is $4.56, surpassing the prior day’s high when prices passed $4.50. Diesel fuel, used for tankers, trains, trucks, farming machinery, and other industrial equipment, also reached a new high at $5.577 per gallon on Wednesday. The daily consecutive records come weeks ahead of Memorial Day, when prices traditionally reach their spring peak.

In April, Biden sought to artificially suppress soaring gas prices by announcing the release of 1 million barrels of oil per day from the emergency stockpile for six months ahead of the November midterms. The release, however, which went into effect this week, has coincided with record-level prices each day so far, even as the president hopes to save precious political capital ahead of an election cycle that is historically hostile to the party in the White House.

The rising prices at the pump will quickly translate into even higher prices across the economy, exacerbating the painful consequences of inflation by raising the cost of manufacturing and transportation. According to the Department of Labor, inflation remains at its highest year-over-year rise in four decades, climbing 8.3 percent in April compared to the same time last year. Energy prices are up 30 percent from last year.

Despite the economic turbulence brought by high power prices, Biden has continued to suppress domestic oil and gas production when the nation needs it most. Last week, CBS News revealed that the administration quietly canceled projects across the country from Alaska to the Gulf of Mexico.

Meanwhile, the administration’s resumption of oil and gas leases on federal lands is only the product of a court ruling that terminated Biden’s indefinite suspension. In response, the White House is allowing only 20 percent of what was initially nominated to be developed for drilling operations, complemented by a 50 percent increase in royalties on what’s extracted.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    RUG down the street is $4.49 a gallon. Diesel is a buck more.

What has some head scratching is Tucson traffic is heavy and FREE city buses are near empty.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Serenity now!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    $4.79 for Costco premium, yesterday it was $4.74.

$4.89 this morning..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of lkdr1989
    posted Hide Post
    Just filled up at Costco tonight, $4.79/regular.

A little over $78 to fill up Mad

Fuck all the demoKKKrats

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Frangas non Flectes
    Picture of P220 Smudge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by sig 226:
    $4.89 this morning..

Same here this afternoon. $115 to fill up with a little under a quarter of a tank left. Up twenty cents since late last week.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post