SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pensacola man guilty for selling machine guns to undercover police
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pensacola man guilty for selling machine guns to undercover police Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
PNJ article

"At trial, the government presented evidence that Williams knowingly sold dozens of parts, designed to modify semiautomatic firearms into fully automatic firearms, to undercover police. Under federal law, the parts are classified as machine guns."

How did I miss out on this?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Does not look like such an enterprising fellow from his booking photo. I wonder what Federal law considers machine gun parts?

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For sure, full auto sears.

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So was he making the parts or somehow otherwise acquiring them?

Facing 90 years in prison...Dang.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Modified receivers would be my first guess.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Williams didn’t register those items in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record as required by law.

That would be because there is no way to enter a new machine gun into the registry unless you are a Type 07 federal firearms licensee (manufacturer), who also holds a Class 2 Special Occupational Tax certificate (manufacturer), a valid ITAR registration with the USDOS Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, and who has a demonstration letter from a government agency or a contract to produce new machine guns for a government agency.

So, see, adding new machine guns to the registry is a piece of cake. He just "didn't register" his new machine guns....

At least they got the name of the registry correct.

quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Modified receivers would be my first guess.

More likely they were drop in auto sears.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31471 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read where a man was convicted of killing 4 kids and did not get 90 years. It was his second murder conviction. The first time he killed his pregnant wife. Something sounds wrong with the sentences.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I just read where a man was convicted of killing 4 kids and did not get 90 years. It was his second murder conviction. The first time he killed his pregnant wife. Something sounds wrong with the sentences.

Ya think? This is definitely the only thing wrong with this story. Mad

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
[QUOTE]Williams didn’t register those items in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record as required by law.

That would be because there is no way to enter a new machine gun into the registry unless you are a Type 07 federal firearms licensee (manufacturer), who also holds a Class 2 Special Occupational Tax certificate (manufacturer), a valid ITAR registration with the USDOS Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, and who has a demonstration letter from a government agency or a contract to produce new machine guns for a government agency.

So, see, adding new machine guns to the registry is a piece of cake. He just "didn't register" his new machine guns....

At least they got the name of the registry correct.

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it...

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post