SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Climate activism in Portugal...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climate activism in Portugal... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 107721 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
And stay out of the way!

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So the plan is as an environmentalist, stop traffic, causing vehicles to sit, idle and spew more exhaust into the air than they would if they continued on driving to the destination and being turned off....

Crazies, interesting they never fight when being pulled off the road, just walk back and sit down, figure it's part of the process about getting seen.

Go sit in a road and get coverage in the internet and/or tv hope something wild happens to get it viral.

Posts: 23575 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ignoring that they don't have a basis, if they really believed in their cause, they should consider general rules of thumb. Like (for concept) 90% of the cause of climate change can be localized to prc and india. So, go do your stuff in prc / india.

They spend 90% of their efforts trying to address 10% of the contribution for which there are diminishing returns.

Go spend 90% of the effort in prc first. BTW, I'd love to see that. I'd pay to see that. That would be good for a laugh - pulling this kind of stuff on the ring 1's.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12754 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They weren't very committed. The rest of Europe, the idiots are gluing their hands to the road. Perhaps they realized Portuguese drivers would drag their ass off the road with or without their skin.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
They weren't very committed. The rest of Europe, the idiots are gluing their hands to the road. Perhaps they realized Portuguese drivers would drag their ass off the road with or without their skin.

No, Portuguese drivers, on seeing the morons’ hands glued to the pavement, would accelerate toward them just to see their expression.

I mean, they drive like Brazilians, Angolans or Indians.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31483 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was a decent response, if not a bit restrained

Posts: 53228 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the community spirit there! Come together and help our fellow citizens....to get rid of these idiots.

P229

Posts: 3845 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
Why not, if the activists glue themselves to the roadway, simply back up your polluting car so the exhaust is literally in their face? And then sit back and enjoy?

Posts: 1988 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fdan:
Why not, if the activists glue themselves to the roadway, simply back up your polluting car so the exhaust is literally in their face? And then sit back and enjoy?

I’d like to see some car clubs get involved and donate a few rear tires worth of noxious rubber to their cause

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Ignoring that they don't have a basis, if they really believed in their cause, they should consider general rules of thumb. Like (for concept) 90% of the cause of climate change can be localized to prc and india. So, go do your stuff in prc / india.

They spend 90% of their efforts trying to address 10% of the contribution for which there are diminishing returns.

Go spend 90% of the effort in prc first. BTW, I'd love to see that. I'd pay to see that. That would be good for a laugh - pulling this kind of stuff on the ring 1's.

Piers Morgan ( Roll Eyes yeah that guy) pointed that out on his show a few months ago to one of these kooks. Go to 11:50, the guy can't get a response out while Morgan exposes his moral failing....why are these clowns agonizing the UK and the West, instead of China, India & Russia who blatantly do all that these groups accuse the West of.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

I saw a video of something similar. Guy with "loud pipes" backup up to the protester's head and revvved the engine.

I wish I could find the video.

But, Holy ear damage Batman. If your hands are glued to the road, you can't cover your ears. Oh well.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is a YouTube video of a farmer out of the UK, I believe, that backed up a honeywagon on some protestors and let loose. If you don't know what a honeywagon is, it is a tank, approx. 3000 gal. filled with liquid manure, i.e. cow piss and shit all mixed together, and usually left to ferment awhile before spraying as fertilizer on a field.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4880 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Street racing with the protestors used as the pylons.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
They should have burned the signs.

Posts: 11009 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
There is a YouTube video of a farmer out of the UK, I believe, that backed up a honeywagon on some protestors and let loose. If you don't know what a honeywagon is, it is a tank, approx. 3000 gal. filled with liquid manure, i.e. cow piss and shit all mixed together, and usually left to ferment awhile before spraying as fertilizer on a field.
The protestors ignored an injunction and trespassed on the farmer's property. One of the protestors included a Hollyweird idiot, Emma Thompson, and was trying to film a parody tv show on the farmer's land.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
^^^^ one of my faves

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
if they just ran over the street protestors' appendages, probably wouldn't result in any life threatening injuries...just thinking out loud LOL

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post