SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dishwasher whisperer needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dishwasher whisperer needed Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
I have a GE dishwasher model Gef610psj6ss. It occasionally beeps from the other room as if it was just done washing.

Initially I thought it was a bad connection and I cut back the wire and put a new wire nut on it. That didn’t work. The connection wire was weird and not touching the hot wire along the twist.

When that didn’t work I replaced the door switch, thinking the switch there might be wonky. No bueno, replaced it this morning and it is still chirping even though the washer is done with its cycle and emptied and just left there.

I guess the next thing is to try the mother board. Mrs. Mike just spent some time researching it and found the original board is no longer made but they have a replacement part.

Anyone have any ideas? I think maybe it got zapped a year ago when the issue reared its head.
Along with the occasional chirp, sometimes it’s like it didn’t get power as the lights and buttons don’t work unless you close/open the door a few times.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11312 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Must be time to change the battery in your smoke detector.. Big Grin

Posts: 17924 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If you flip the breaker off, and back on, does it beep when power is applied?

If so, it may be the board is power cycling from damaged capacitor loosing the charge, but since external power is constant, the system thinks it has just been plugged in.

On such things, it is simpler to replace the board than waste time/effort/money to try and repair, unless you are adept at such things.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43937 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The lights do come on and turn off when I flip the breaker. But it doesn’t chirp….

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11312 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a GE dishwasher. As cheap as they are, you don't bother fixing them, just replace it with a quality one such as a Bosch......or a whirlpool if on a budget.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Jimmy we can’t get any stuff due to the Covid supply chain issues…so fixing it is better than hoping and praying for a dishwasher to materialize after six months or so….

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Are you a Costco member?
We recently (January 2022) replaced a 14-year-old GE dishwasher with a Whirlpool that was on sale at Costco.
Took about a week to get it delivered and installed after ordering it online.

Posts: 4136 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
@Patrick, nope. We have a Sams, Lowes & Home Depot.
But I’d rather spend $85 bucks for a board than $650 for a Bosch.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

But I’d rather spend $85 bucks for a board than $650 for a Bosch.

Be prepared to spend $1000 for a new dishwasher...if you can get one.

Posts: 20146 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah.
Not a lot to the dishwasher to repair. Control board, main pump, sump pump, and a sensor.
The board is in the door, so it should be easy to get to. The pumps would be a hassle, but doable.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43937 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Jimmy we can’t get any stuff due to the Covid supply chain issues…so fixing it is better than hoping and praying for a dishwasher to materialize after six months or so….

I get that, times are tough with finding stuff. You can find stuff if you look hard enough.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post