SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tips for photographing through scopesights—?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tips for photographing through scopesights—? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
I have managed to get photos through a sight to show the reticle or something else, but it’s often a fiddly process, especially with higher magnifications. It seems to help if I’m using a “normal” focal length lens on the camera, but I haven’t experimented extensively. Getting everything lined up is obviously critical, and most recently I mounted both sight and camera on separate tripods. That worked pretty well, but took some doing.

I’m wondering if anyone has other tips to make the process easier.
Thanks for all responses.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 723 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks, still_bill, those gave me some ideas.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post