SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    401(k) plans are racist: MIT Paper
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

401(k) plans are racist: MIT Paper Login/Join 
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I would guess most of those researchers either don't have a 401K, or own a badly managed one.

Posts: 590 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
The research found that people are less likely to save if their household demand for liquidity is high

Nobel prize-worthy....who knew? Roll Eyes

Posts: 15137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The research found that people are less likely to save if their household demand for liquidity is high

I have literally been up to my eyeballs in debt and had $0 in my checking some months when I was younger. I always put the minimum in to get the free match from my employer. Dave Ramsey would frown on that. And now I’m Debt free except mortgage and maxing out 401k and still freaked out I won’t get enough socked away in next 15+ years.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post