SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New member of the family (Boxer dog)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New member of the family (Boxer dog) Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
A couple of months ago, he was a stray in a shelter. Somebody there got him into the hands of a boxer rescue, then a foster, and now he's in his forever home, with me.

Current name is Dallas, but I'm considering a change. Perhaps Dozer, since likes to take some serious naps. He's not going to win any beauty pageants, but he's a sweet, housebroken, playful young fella who seems alert to what's going on around the house/property. If something unusual happens, he'll investigate, and bark if he thinks it deserves my attention.

It's amazing such great dogs are dumped, abandoned or otherwise not sufficiently cared for.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLEBZEXLE8&t=2s

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Nice looking and happy boy...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3484 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Hey, he's a fine looking boy and I'm glad you two found each other! He has an interesting spot on his back!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Thanks for giving him a second chance. Looks like he’ll be an awesome pal.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, he looks like he will be a ton of fun!

I have had a couple of boxers and they are big, lovable goofballs!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Looks like you got yourself a big dose of loyalty and love. Pat on the back for you for going the recuse route. I'm on my 3rd rescue dog. She is nearly 16 but doing amazingly well according to the last wellness check at the vet about a month ago.

Going to be hard when the time comes. The absolute loyalty and obedience that comes from a rescue dog tells me that they instinctivly know that you rescued them from a bad situation and brought them into a loving home and they will never forget it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
He's a lucky guy to have you. You're even luckier to have him.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your life is never going to be the same. We also have a Boxer. Her name is Idgie. She's a year old, 65 pound, 'wild child'.

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Thank you for getting a rescue pup. I am sure that you will enjoy many years together.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Yay. Congrats

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looks like a sweet, happy boy. Love rescues.... Big Grin

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Good looking pup. Take good care of each other.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post