Notify
Tools

Kidney Stones Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I’ve had several. They suck but they don’t put me down like they used to. I guess a man can get used to just about anything.
Here’s hoping this is your only experience with them.

I have had 10+,

one stuck around for a good while, (6 months or so before it passed)
most pass in a day or so,

got lucky, inherited them from my mother

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have lost true count of the number of kidney stone attacks that I have had, like 35. Each time passing at least two or three.

I had one just a couple of weeks ago, I was at work and all of a sudden, out of nowhere I had to pee really, really bad, then "BAM!" pain. I stopped in ( I was driving ) to use the restroom, I passed a stone, I didn't recover it but it was large ( stay tuned for estimated size). I felt much better.

So I get back to the bus and pick up my next run and five minutes into that, "BAM!" more pain. I keep on dropping off kids, and finish work and go home. Then I pass the next one it was 5.8mm, about the same size as the first one.

I hurt for a couple of days, and passed a much smaller one, which didn't really hurt, just slight discomfort as it passed.

I'm on potassium citrate 1620mg., I drink a lot of water and lemonade (under recommendation from my dick Smith), and watch my intake of certain foods. Yet, I still get them.

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
I have lost true count of the number of kidney stone attacks that I have had, like 35. Each time passing at least two or three.

I had one just a couple of weeks ago, I was at work and all of a sudden, out of nowhere I had to pee really, really bad, then "BAM!" pain. I stopped in ( I was driving ) to use the restroom, I passed a stone, I didn't recover it but it was large ( stay tuned for estimated size). I felt much better.

So I get back to the bus and pick up my next run and five minutes into that, "BAM!" more pain. I keep on dropping off kids, and finish work and go home. Then I pass the next one it was 5.8mm, about the same size as the first one.

I hurt for a couple of days, and passed a much smaller one, which didn't really hurt, just slight discomfort as it passed.

I'm on potassium citrate 1620mg., I drink a lot of water and lemonade (under recommendation from my dick Smith), and watch my intake of certain foods. Yet, I still get them.

ARman

shook one loose on the way to a rifle match,

40+ miles from home it started hurting too bad, so I turned around and headed home,
passed it from the kidney 5 miles from home,

got home, pissed in a water bottle to catch it, and was fine afterwards,,,

too far to drive to make it back to the match,, dammit,

I typically pass one about every year, (staggered between the 2 kidneys,,)

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I have survived ten or so as well. I get one every year or so. The last stones I had were a double stacked on top of each other. Calcium is a bad thing for me. I was about ready to drink a whole bottle of CLR.

I throw up as well. Turns out throwing up is a fairly normally pain response. Doc told me that when you are hurt and you throw up it means you failed the self diagnostic.

My stones have always just been terrible back pain. The last two stones I had though came with a pain that felt like someone had my right testicle in a vice. Doc said testicle pain wasn't unusual either. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I fill my water bottle, I throw a shot or 2 of apple cider vinegar. Been doing it for 10 yrs. Haven't had a stone since. Raises the acidity.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right kidney is a gravel pit. Hydrate hydrate hydrate.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2365 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
As been posted. Water, water and more water. I'm a stone roller myself.
On 90MEQ Potassium. Unfortunate to long with them and now a CDK3.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Add me to the circus, on the 20th at 10 pm I thought I was going to die, never in my live did I ever feel pain that bad, it took until 230 am until I couldn't take it anymore to finally get meds.

On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 15, I was on the verge of screaming. finally got an IV of Toradol and another called dilaudid, it was so weird feeling that stuff run thru my veins, it still took 10 minutes before it took the edge off.

I had a cat scan and I have a 4 mm stone thats just starting to drop down the uter. doc said it might take up to a month. one thing for sure I'm getting pretty good at peeing thru a paint strainer. Smile found lots of little black stones but not the comet I'm expecting.

Posts: 5605 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
You’re prone to more after your first. Finished infantry school with one stuck. That was the first. I’ve had too many to count. Drink water like a mofo.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I have survived ten or so as well. I get one every year or so. The last stones I had were a double stacked on top of each other. Calcium is a bad thing for me. I was about ready to drink a whole bottle of CLR.

I throw up as well. Turns out throwing up is a fairly normally pain response. Doc told me that when you are hurt and you throw up it means you failed the self diagnostic.

My stones have always just been terrible back pain. The last two stones I had though came with a pain that felt like someone had my right testicle in a vice. Doc said testicle pain wasn't unusual either. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

CLR..,,,, Big Grin

ditto the throwing up,

first bad one I had, I had no idea what it was, I was maybe 19, thought I had pulled something in my back,

pain went away in an hour or so, and then everything was fine

20+ yrs later, repeat,

no idea what the hell I had done,
working retail, go by the Rx in store, she give me a pill, (no idea what that was)

next thing you know I am in the Rx back office, hunched over a bucket puking like mad,,

wife comes to get me, at every stop light on the way to the Doc's, I had to get out the car and do a little dance to get to feeling better (cheap entertainment for the other drivers)

get to the doc, , get a shot of demarol, no dice, still hurting,

xray shows nothing,

another shot of demarol,

no dice, still hurting,
doc's office next to the hospital, so I get put in a transport chair (they would not let me walk after 2 shots in 30 minutes) and off we go,
I had to get the nurse to stop 3 times so I could puke in the grass,,

at the hospital, I was given a toridol shot as I was getting scanned,
then passed the stone out of the kidney and promptly passed out,

when they released me, I was given a strainer, and told to catch it,

so I take a wee maybe an hour after I got home, I had to go, wife by my side,

managed to catch the bugger, and was peeing a nice steady stream of blood and pee,
I thought the wife was gonna hurl...

next morning, other than that normal stomach/back tightness you get from hurling so much, all was good Cool

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Finally passed it this morning, such sweet relief!

I did not use the strainer because they did not want it back; I don’t get these very often, but I “felt” it leave my body as I was urinating.

The pain in my side subsided almost immediately.

It’s been along time since I’ve had my last one, I was almost over the panic I felt every time I have a side ache. Back to panicking!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12349 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Doctor called this morning and said that they made a mistake it's not 4 mm but 8, now I have to go in and have it blasted out. Damit!!

glad to here yours is gone Ronin.

Posts: 5605 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Doctor called this morning and said that they made a mistake it's not 4 mm but 8, now I have to go in and have it blasted out. Damit!!

glad to here yours is gone Ronin.

Yep, been there. Unfortunately for me it didn't take the first time and I had to go back in for a second round. That broke it up.

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Ok, I was gonna stay out of this one, and I think I’ve posted this before, but....
My record: that’s a 230gr 45ACP for scale.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post