SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for customer outdoor grill cover
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for customer outdoor grill cover Login/Join 
posted
I need to have a custom cover made for an out door grill, does anyone have any recommendations on company that can do this and doesn't cost a fortune?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 96MUSTANGGT,

Posts: 144 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Customer cover or custom cover?

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
There used to be a local company that made custom covers for boats. The material was some seriously tough stuff. Some were still in serviceable condition 20 years after their construction.

I'm sure he could have done a custom cover for anything. You may explore that option.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local marine company that does boat canvas can do the cover out of Sunbrella, which is the material Shiftyvtec is talking about. It does indeed last a very very long time. However, Sunbrella is expensive at $35+ a yard and some of it close to $85 a yard. However, they may have a remnant that's just enough and for a good price.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
There are some robust universal weather and UV resistant covers available at HOME DEPOT. The cost is less than $50. They're made of heavy duty canvas. The one we bought has vented mesh to the rear and uses VELCRO straps to secure at the ends. We're on our 3rd AZ summer with ours.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are handy with a sewing machine, you can make a serviceable cover with Sunbrella fabric from Rockywood Fabrics who are a good source for unique and hard to find fabrics.

Good luck and hope you find a good solution.

Kevin

Posts: 130 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out on the web The Cover Store. I found ones to replace mine. Fit better than the original and better materials. Sign up and they send discounts all the time.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, this is very helpful.

Posts: 144 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post