SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Almost 15yrs on Sigforum??? Down, but not out.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Almost 15yrs on Sigforum??? Down, but not out. Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
I've been lurking in the background, alot going on the last 18 months. Spiraling health issues led me to an extended hospital stay with months of outpatient therapy sessions. But things have been continuously getting better. But now it's starting to go downhill with serious illness with both my parents, and possibly my brother. But I'm staying positive, and putting a lot onto God. Put over 12,000 miles on my GoldWing talking with the man upstairs. Why didn't I purchase a GoldWing 15yrs ago???

I already know things will not be going as planned, and major life changes could happen all at once. Death of a loved one(s), living in/out of state to take care of a family members(s), possible career change to get more work flexibility to help care for a loved one(s), and a possible early retirement.

But a lot of good things have happened as well. Wife and I celebrated our 21st anniversary, oldest boy is loving the military life, younger son is excelling in all aspects of the high school life, and I just celebrated my 50th birthday by self-gifting myself a Mossberg 590.

Good to see some familiar "faces" still hanging around.

I'll have to come up with a 15yr Karma, but I still have a few months.

Feels good to be back, boys...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to “see” you! Best wishes!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are among friends here. Lord Bless You!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Wind Therapy" is great. Nothing like lonesome highway and solitude.

Smoke and prayers.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep it shiny side up.

I’m coming up on 14 years

Posts: 4764 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and enjoy the GW!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
Hope everything will turn out for the best. Be strong and God bless!

Posts: 1462 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I rode my Harley for 6-7 years and I loved quiet rides on the back roads of Missouri but unfortunately recurring hip issues pretty much put a stop to that.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Glad things are better.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see ya. Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations with life. There's a lot in life to be thankful for don't let your problems over shadow what's good.

50 you're still a young whipper snapper.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Oh man, good to hear you're on the mend!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Glad you chimed in. Amazing how our lives are constantly evolving. I’m taught something new all the time. Wink

I don’t know a single man who hasn’t been affected by the past 2+ years. Not much consolation in commiserating… just acknowledgement.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes. Your Sigforum family will always be here for you.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Pax brother rider.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts and wishes, from one of your fellow SIGforum members.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you brother. Congrats on your anniversary. Prayers for you and your family moving forward.
Btw, the 590 is a great shotgun! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Good to see you back! Smile…sometimes life seems to “tolerance stack” in our lives…I totally understand…I’m looking to get the old Honda VTX outta the garage next spring to get some “Wind Therapy” as Sigmonkey so correctly described it Razz…take care and be safe…looking forward to seeing your posts Smile and as my wife’s favorite quote from The Outlaw Josie Wales…”endeavor to persevere”…thoughts and prayers coming your way.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Glad your back.
Your experiencing a condition that has no cure, getting old. It effects you and all around you.
Stay positive.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! Happy you are feeling better!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post