SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New toy UFO indoor drone for me and my son
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New toy UFO indoor drone for me and my son Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
So I saw these indoor flying "UFO" toys and decided to pick up one.

They are fun to fly in the house and you use your hands to control their direction and height as the drone has sensors to keep from running into objects.

Today my nine year old and I were playing a version of catch with my drone where I would direct its flight path toward him, and he would then without touching the drone (due to its sensors) re-direct the drone back to me.

These are a fun little toy

UFO drone

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Excellent!! My grandkids will love that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a couple of them for my grand kids. Thanks for the post.

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This would cause my cat to go into full activation!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
I bought some of those in December for the gkids. They are really fun, the battery lasts about 7 or 8 minutes and recharges quickly.

They normally hover about 5 feet off the ground, but will climb to about 10 feet.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one as a tool ( ??) to hassle my cats !! They watch it intently but won't go near it until it crashes.

I think I'm enjoying it more than they are ! Seems durable, fwiw.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, ordered one for my Grandson to get him into them. More than likely he will inherit my Mavic Pro.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one for me, I mean my grandson Big Grin

Archerman

Posts: 2487 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post