SIGforum
Florida Gas Station Owner Charged With Attempted Murder In The Shooting Of Shoplifter

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1230095444

July 20, 2018, 09:00 AM
rscalzo
Florida Gas Station Owner Charged With Attempted Murder In The Shooting Of Shoplifter
quote:

posted July 19, 2018 09:17 AM Hide Post
I'm fairly certain that at least ONE person on the jury will not convict him, regardless of what the law says

In the meantime, at what cost? In the end the business wl be gone alone with his assets. For a six pack of beer?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
July 20, 2018, 09:07 AM
HK Ag
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
While this is not legal advice, Texas statutes do permit the use of deadly force to protect your own property, and even the property of others.

Which is why Ahmed the Stop-N-Go owner shoots about five or six thieves in Houston a year. That, and no one here doubts that the thief (and most of them are armed) is likely to try to hurt you, so it is also self-defense.

Exactly as it should be, let me add!

jhe888, others remind me, in Texas once it gets dark outside, there are other defenses for property owners correct?

Thanks,
HK Ag
July 20, 2018, 09:07 AM
newtoSig765
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
In the meantime, at what cost? In the end the business wl be gone alone with his assets. For a six pack of beer?

The way I look at it, it's not the beer, but our right to operate in a less-and-less free society.

As I said earlier, maybe he should just hang a sign out front that says "Free Beer."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
July 20, 2018, 09:46 AM
HRK
He should have just shot the beer
July 20, 2018, 10:07 AM
nhtagmember
why not consider the person a looter?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC