SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dehumidifier recalled - thoughts on these possible replacements?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dehumidifier recalled - thoughts on these possible replacements? Login/Join 
posted
Almost five years using a Frigidaire 70 pt dehumidifier and it gets recalled for fire hazard. Apparently the recall started in November but I didn't get a notification until yesterday.

So, I've followed the directions for refund and sent a picture of the label and one of the machine with the cord cut. Now I have to figure out what to get for a replacement. From a 2017 "best of" website (http://www.toptenreviews.com/health/wellness/best-dehumidifiers/) I came up with these possibles:

-Keystone KSTAD70B
-Comfort-Aire BHD-701-H
-Friedrich D70BP
-Danby DDR50B3WP
-Haier HM70EP
-Frigidaire FAD704DWD

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions regarding the above models - or of any that aren't listed but should be considered?

Posts: 5026 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I did a lot of research last year and bought this one from Amazon. Seems to work well so far.

Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70-Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control, White

Posts: 9798 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Frigidaire 50pt

I got this one a couple years ago and use it year round in a lake cabin in central AL. It's been great, though the capacity is slightly less than you have indicated. I imagine the other Frigidaire products work similarly well.

For us one important feature was the hose attachment on rear. While we aren't there 4-6 months of the year, we leave it running with a moderate setting and the hose connected, draining into a shower. It has made a HUGE difference in how musty the cabin is not just when there but especially when you first arrive.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12670 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Frigidaire 50pt

I got this one a couple years ago and use it year round in a lake cabin in central AL. It's been great, though the capacity is slightly less than you have indicated. I imagine the other Frigidaire products work similarly well.

For us one important feature was the hose attachment on rear. While we aren't there 4-6 months of the year, we leave it running with a moderate setting and the hose connected, draining into a shower. It has made a HUGE difference in how musty the cabin is not just when there but especially when you first arrive.

I had a recall notice on my Frigidaire 50 pint dehumidifier last year. You might ought to check to see if yours is one of the recalled units. Eta: the Frigidaire you linked to on Amazon is one of those subject to recall, depending on serial number.

https://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was concerned at first with the Frigidaire being listed but the recall is for machines built in 2013 and before. I'm assuming that the models being offered now will be of more recent manufacture - maybe.

Posts: 5026 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post