SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SF guitar players, a recommended guitar forum?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF guitar players, a recommended guitar forum? Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Is there a guitar forum that would come out reasonably similar an environment as Sigforum regarding advice and moderation?

Perhaps too much to ask for, but asking anyway.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5671 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Lots of strong opinions and keyboard warriors on the forums I've tried. There was a brand specific forum that was really good (and not prejudiced against other brands) but the membership either aged out or moved over to Facebook groups.

Posts: 9722 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Is there a guitar forum that would come out reasonably similar an environment as Sigforum regarding advice and moderation?

Posts: 17614 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Acoustic Guitar Forum, TDRPI, and Strat Talk are some of my favorites. No forum is ran like this one, but these are pretty good. I've rarely seen anyone get downright rude or nasty.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3629 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Don't be surprised if people pick at you...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44444 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Don't be surprised if people pick at you...

and grin? Big Grin

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5671 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Acoustic Guitar Forum, TDRPI, and Strat Talk are some of my favorites. No forum is ran like this one, but these are pretty good. I've rarely seen anyone get downright rude or nasty.

Thanks! I'll check them out

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
thegearpage.net and Rig-Talk are where I hang out.

Posts: 3684 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Gear Page is huge. Lots of higher end stuff for sale in the classifieds if you're so inclined.

Acoustic Guitar Forum is smaller but they have a nice classifieds section as well.

Posts: 13289 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gear Page

Thanks, checking this out too!