SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Free Burma Rangers save a young life
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Free Burma Rangers save a young life Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I just saw this gentleman interviewed on Fox. He's a credit to the United States and to the Human Race.

He said that John 15:13 gave him the courage to run into that killing field:

“Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends”

Makes me proud

https://www.youtube.com/user/FreeBurmaRanger

Posts: 107758 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I saw that somewhere about a week ago. I think the guy that went sprinting out there is like 53-56. Tough and brave. Good job!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I understand correctly, the child had been trapped in that killing zone for two days, with all of her family dead around her.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107758 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Large. Swing'n. Brass. Balls.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If I understand correctly, the child had been trapped in that killing zone for two days, with all of her family dead around her.

this is a pretty good description

"ISIS has had a stronghold on Mosul, Iraq for quite awhile now. The 600,000 residents of Mosul have long been tormented by the terrorist group. Many of its citizens have been left or been killed. David Eubank, Former US Special Forces operator-turned aid worker, has done his part in helping the citizens of Mosul. His most recent video features his daring rescue of a child.

The video, which was published by Eubank’s foundation, Free Burma Rangers, shows the 56-year-old and his team spotting a child and a toddler climbing over a mound of dead bodies, allegedly the result of ISIS as they battle for Mosul.

The heart-pounding video shows a firefight at the location and shows an unarmed Eubank as he asks his team to lay down suppression fire and to pop a smoke grenade to mask his movements.

As he is covered from the smoke and suppression fire from his team, Eubank darts from behind the tank the team is using as cover and grabs the little girl.

Wearing only a bulletproof vest and helmet, Eubank emerges with the little girl draped over him. Once back behind the safety of the tank, an Iraqi interpreter leads the girl to a safe area and away from the kill zone she found herself in.

He went back for the toddler shortly after the video ended but was apparently unable to find him. In a separate attempt, Eubank tries to save a man who had been injured in the attack, but he succumbed to his wounds shortly after being rescued.

Eubank has been modest when asked about his organization. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, he said: “I believe God sent me here, and I don’t think about security… but I always ask myself if I’m doing it out of pride.”

He knows the risk of what he is doing, but he has the support of his wife and kids as all of them regularly visit the war-torn area to helping the people there.

He also noted that if his time comes early, he would have no regrets and his family would understand. ‘I thought, “If I die doing this, my wife and kids would understand,” he told the Times."

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=074GikYLERQ

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
powerful stuff. may they be an example to all of us.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10501 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Large. Swing'n. Brass. Balls.

H&K-Guy
Yep, I fail to see how that man can walk, let alone run, with those hanging betwixt his legs. Just wow!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That guy right there IS a hero.

Posts: 26953 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I saw this last week and started looking into who these brave men and women are. They have a website: http://www.freeburmarangers.org.

The man running for the kid is Dave Eubank.

quote:
David Eubank, a former U.S. Army Special Forces and Ranger officer, is the founder and leader of the Free Burma Rangers (FBR), a humanitarian service movement for oppressed ethnic minorities of all races and religions in the Burma, Kurdistan and Sudan war zones. Along with relief, his personal mission is to share the love of Jesus Christ and to help people be free from oppression.

FBR teams are comprised of men and women of different ethnicities and faiths that are united for freedom by the bond of love and service. David, his wife Karen and their three children: Sahale, 15; Suuzanne, 13; and Peter, 10; work alongside the 70 ethnic FBR relief teams in the conflict areas of Burma giving help, hope and love and recently began relief missions to help the Kurds under attack by ISIS in Iraq. FBR also conducts relief missions in the Nuba Mountains of Sudan. The Eubank family started the Global Day of Prayer for Burma and the Good Life Club family outreach program.

Their work is not without the risk of death. They lost a FBR in Mosul a bit over a month ago. Link That man, Shaheen saved a Yazidi boy who was sold into slavery.

They do FIELD REPORTS on a regular basis. Here is a report from about the time of the child's rescue. WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES OF DEATH

As I understand it, the Free Burma Rangers go on their relief missions unarmed, so I wonder who the two men laying down covering fire with AKs are or if they changed their stance given the terrible conditions in Mosul. There is another, longer version (below) where you hear the guy in the light colored shirt ask in a 100% American voice "You all right?"

ETA: Apparently the two bearded guys laying hate and discontent are Free Burma Rangers themselves.

[IMG][/IMG]

God, grace them with your protection, for they truly do your work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Beautiful to see something like that. And it is the antidote to the poison of seeing some others act in sub-human ways. Brass balls for sure, but a great big heart too.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Inspirational thread. God bless David Eubank and the Free Burma Rangers. And may the ISIS scum burn in hell.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9011 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
And now, boys and girls, if you want to prove something to yourself and others, that man’s run of 12 seconds is more worthy of respect and admiration than all the base jumps, wingsuit flights, “It was there” mountain climbs, and other daredevil stunts ever conducted by the entire human species.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'm just speechless. And why is my monitor so damn fuzzy?

Posts: 1705 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is Dave Eubank, Texas A&M '83, Ranger, Special Forces. A true hero.

This is a refreshing change to see this in the news instead of the usual political mud slinging.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...0001/?#sp=show-clips

Former Army Special Forces soldier saves child while running through ISIS gunfire

Jun. 29, 2017 - 3:46 - Dave Eubank, a former Army Special Forces soldier-turned aid worker, on how he rescued a little girl under ISIS gunfire.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before this moment was captured on film, Eubanks and his group was known as an ideologue going to conflict zones WITH HIS FAMILY in tow. Eek Yes, his family, ENTIRE immediate family is in Iraq with him, wife, kids, yup.

While idealistic and driven to help, what a lot of folks also miss is they're Christian missionaries...in Iraq. This article was when a larger audience became familiar with Eubanks. Amongst OGA's and SOF units, his organization was known but the larger population simply had no idea. The Wash Post article opened some eyes but, quickly glosses over the missionary aspect of their work, God is mentioned once. Predictably, liberals on bookface quickly hit LIKE thinking this guy was of the 'American's should suffer like those whom we oppress' mind-set. Nope, he's a Christian helping others, particularly another religion that has a hard time living with others.

Posts: 14699 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes, what you have all said.

There are only good guys and the bad one's. I do not care what anyone else say's.

Bravo to the good guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19256 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Before this moment was captured on film, Eubanks and his group was known as an ideologue going to conflict zones WITH HIS FAMILY in tow. Eek Yes, his family, ENTIRE immediate family is in Iraq with him, wife, kids, yup.

While idealistic and driven to help, what a lot of folks also miss is they're Christian missionaries...in Iraq. This article was when a larger audience became familiar with Eubanks. Amongst OGA's and SOF units, his organization was known but the larger population simply had no idea. The Wash Post article opened some eyes but, quickly glosses over the missionary aspect of their work, God is mentioned once. Predictably, liberals on bookface quickly hit LIKE thinking this guy was of the 'American's should suffer like those whom we oppress' mind-set. Nope, he's a Christian helping others, particularly another religion that has a hard time living with others.

Note, his wife and kids are not on the front lines like he is, but in a relatively safe area about a mile away.

As for him being an ideologue, he's a Christian missionary taking God's grace and his religion into the front lines of the war with the many faces of evil.

I suspect you've gotta be a seriously brave, trusting in God religious ideologue to do that.

It's the first religious charity in a very, very long time to get my donation.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
God bless all of them! These are the people we need to include in our prayers and give thanks for their example. Truly inspirational and wells up the emotion inside you. Since the word "hero" applies to many folks these days, I'm upgrading him to "superhero"! Eek

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post