SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Mother Passed Today(Update with Thanks -first post)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Mother Passed Today(Update with Thanks -first post) Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Fair Winds And Following Seas. I'm sorry for your loss.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, Jonathan. She must have been a remarkable woman.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. You posted a wonderful tribute.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Peace of Christ to you & your ma.
Prayers sent.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family. And very nice tribute to your Mom.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1310 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
My condolences on your loss. Your mother seemed like she knew how to live and love life.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. Your Mother sounds like quite a woman.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. All our prayers and condolences.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1548 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
So many achiements, and a family! Sorry for your loss.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5307 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences. Thank you for sharing her story with us.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will be praying for you and your Mom.

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Your mother, Kay, was a strong woman. I am sorry for your loss, Prayers sent.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. Your Mom sounds like an amazing person.

十人十色

Posts: 2109 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing her story. A remarkable woman. May she enjoy eternal life with our Father in Heaven.

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss but happy that you posted a small bit of her story. A toast to your Mom!

Posts: 615 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for you and your family's loss

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you were blessed with a great mom.

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
My mother passed today. She suffered for many years with diabetes, heart problems, and degenerative arthritis which caused severe curvature of the spine. Her pain is gone now.

I wanted to share a little about her with my imaginary friends here as a way to honor her.

Mom worked for years for a contractor that provided many services for the U.S. Navy. When I was young, we didn't watch the news for updates about the Vietnam War. One of mom's duties was to track metrics on Navy planes, logging details of missions, combat damage, and pilots downed, missing, or killed in action. She knew what was what and didn't need a network to tell her and certainly didn't want to watch it on tv, after working with it all day. Mom was one of the first to know about Dieter Dengler being captured, and once told me that as soon as she saw his name, she knew Dieter would be back. His exploits in SERE school had provided him with a sort of reputation in Navy circles which preceded his subsequent actions during the war.

After the war, Mom worked on computer generated carrier group simulations, programming in Basic, Cobalt, and Fortran languages. She was a work associate of Tom Clancy's before he started writing books.

We moved out to the country and the commute became too long. Mom secured a position with the U.S. Postal service, and served for many years until her retirement.

I never met anyone who didn't like her. She was a voracious reader and loved children, nature, and all manner of furry critters.

For those willing, please join me in a toast and/or blessing for my mother Kay. May she arrive in Heaven a full hour before the devil knows she's gone.

Sounds a lot like my mom's story. And I know how she has influenced my life, so I assume yours would be similar. My condolences to you and family, and a toast to your mom. Godspeed Kay.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a lovely woman.

It is hard to change roles from being the child to being the "grown-up".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers and condolences
It's been 11 years since my mother passed.

Posts: 1184 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post