SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    who do you invite to your end of the world shelter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who do you invite to your end of the world shelter Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
So - it's up to you to survive and repopulate and recreate civilization.

My wife is done with child bearing, so I might have to rely on the younger folks to do the repopulating...Not sure what it'd be like to be trapped in a shelter with a dozen young women anyway.

I'd probably want one or two of the survivor types that are handy with woodsy stuff and shelters. We'd need a hunter or two.

Then what ? Science type ? A few engineers (if you can find some that are tolerable :-) )

A mechanic ? Electrician ? What else ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A country boy can survive, or so I heard.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Probability the word 'hooker' will appear at least twice on this page: 100%

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Don’t have one, just plan on roaming the earth kinda like the main character in The Book of Eli.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I think I might add a good carpenter with his saws and tools and such.

She'd have to be a really smart hooker...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A physician or ER nurse might be good.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
A physician or ER nurse might be good.

You're right ! I completely forgot about that.

------------------
SBrooks

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
what kind of engineer would be the most useful ?

------------------
SBrooks

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

I would think a mechanical engineer.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

I would think a mechanical engineer.

Bonus if they can weld

Posts: 859 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Civil and chemical engineer, but you need "farm boy" ones.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The skipper, Gilligan, a millionaire, and his wife, a movie star, the professor, and Mary Anne, and I almost forgot, a half-dozen hookers, one's who will work for coconuts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: architect,

Posts: 6499 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Per Para's request: 1) hooker, 2) hooker.

Back to serious answers:

My family and SigForum invisible friends.

Posts: 3735 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I always said I wanted to be at ground zero in the event of a world as we know it ending SHTF happens. So, I might be inclined to give up my spot to someone younger, strong and healthy. But honestly I am not sure I know anyone that fits that description AND is actually smart enough and has the skills to survive if they had to go all cave man survivor time.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My cat. No interest in repopulating anything.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Jesus Christ. Wuz y'all raised in fuckin' barns? It's not 'hookers', it's 'sex workers'. Roll Eyes Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Gourmet cook/massage therapist

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
General Buck Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Ambassador de Sadesky: I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Probability the word 'hooker' will appear at least twice on this page: 100%

You forgot blow

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post