SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I’ve heard it all now, even in Massachusetts, BU Professor Jingle Bell’s is RACIST
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’ve heard it all now, even in Massachusetts, BU Professor Jingle Bell’s is RACIST Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
Somewhere somebody is offended so we need to ban the song.............

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...e-bells-racist-song/

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Snow is white. That makes it racist against blacks.
Snowflakes are six sided, that makes it anti-Islam/anti-Arab.
Snow accumulates. That makes it insulting to the poor.
Snow is pretty. That makes it disparaging of the homely.
Snow is silent. That mocks the deaf and the mute.
Snow melts and runs away. It defies the brave.

I am sure there is enough snow hate to touch everyone.

Damnable evil, despicable snow!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43909 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Nothing these safe-space assholes do, or say, can surprise me any longer.

I believe they stay up nights dreaming up this nonsensical bull shit. Of course while safely ensconced in their safe space.

What the hell ever happened to the concept that if one is a "teacher" the first requirement is that that person actually know more than those being taught?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
ded so we need to ban the song.............

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...e-bells-racist-song/

So if she's to be believed, it was originally written for minstrel shows performed in blackface and provided a backdrop for humor based on black people reacting to unfamiliar situations.

But now, she says, that's no longer the case.

So....if it was racist, it's no longer racist, according to her own research.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heaven forbid people take something with a dark history and turn it into something positive...

Weren't they just celebrating someone who was trying to 'take back' the swastika and make it a symbol of love and peace?

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heaven forbid people take something with a dark history and turn it into something positive...

What, like Communism? Roll Eyes

Posts: 18081 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm certainly dreaming of a White Christmas.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13508 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Everything is racist in Massachusetts"

(A play on my favorite line from Edge of Darkness "Everything is illegal in Massachusetts")

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
More fake news!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm dreaming of a... neutrally hued multi-diversified... Christmas...

Just like the ones we used to know...

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19685 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I hate this state so much.

Posts: 6351 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Just you wait until Easter.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Just you wait until Easter.

You know Peter Cottontail was originally about slavery right? Big Grin [/sarcasm]

Posts: 6351 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
So you say there isn't a massive mental illness problem in this country? Just read the Prof's twaddle and contemplate why she is not in therapy. Batshit crazy doesn't even begin to cover this nonsense.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia disagrees

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingle_Bells

I actually heard a discussion on this on the radio the other day. The lyrics are founded in the practice of young men racing single person cutters in the winter for fun and competition. It had nothing to do with Christmas or any holiday.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37986 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Maybe this idiot was listening to John Valby's Christmas songs by accident.

His version of White Christmas is my personal favorite. It has the distinction of being both sexist and racist.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Kyna Hamill.

http://www.bu.edu/english/people/faculty/kyna-hamill/

She has an unhealthy interest in violence. The college should investigate and remove her. It's a commonsense measue, for the children.

SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
“Branding Irish Violence: Spectacles of Rural and Urban Aggression” in The Performance of Violence in Contemporary Ireland (2010)
“A Cannonade of Weapons: Signs of Transgression in the Early Commedia dell’arte.” In Theatre Symposium (2010)
“Jacques Callot, Raffaello Schiaminossi and Fencing” in Print Quarterly (2009)
“They Fight: Classical to Contemporary Stage Fight Scenes”, an anthology (2003)
TEACHING AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
Early Modern theatre history and theory
Violence in theatre and theatre semiotics
Theatre and War
Iconography of the Commedia dell’arte

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Everything is a nail...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Watch out for black ice. That's totally racist.
Why don't they call it "clear ice" Razz

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post